Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

I have a question, I am still having the problem with missing horizon (and other char's) or there in the wrong place. I read something about having the osd powered by both 5v and 12v when loading the charset's.

I have never had the 12v power applied while connecting to the osd, is it true that I have to have the 12v applied while loading charset's? (and firmware?)

also which charset should I use?  Gabor.mcm?

thanks,

John

• I use the OSD today... I had some problems: some symbols was different (this I noticed since I tested), horizon wrong (somebody here already has this)... see the picture.  I'm using: Config tool for 1.30.x and 2.0.x (V2.05).zip and MinimOSD Extra 2.1.hex    thanks3692524201?profile=original

• is possible show the mAh that was consumed instead of the battery percent? I use battery os 5000, 2600mAh... if I know how mAh was consumed I will know how percent my battery has.

• Same issue as John 'xerravon', once installing the featured hex and mcm the horizon line disappears. Different char sets and even reverting to official MinimOSD does not alleviate the problem.

• Featured MinimOSD EXTRA
      • MinimOSD Extra 2.1.hex
      • Gabor.mcm
    • Reverting to 'official'
      • MinimOSD_19_MAV10.hex
      • MinimOSD_19.mcm

Thoughts?

• Just installed last night and it works great.  Also, I may have missed it in the 64 pages here, but where is the source code that can be edited and complied?

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Nice work guys...I just updated to the latest firmware and charset using the latest config tool, and I'm having one small issue at this point.

My ground speed and air speed are still showing up as FWA and FWB.  Efficiency has a "F" lock or something....seems like an old charset.  There are two in the latest dist....the gabor.mcm and osd_sa*.mcm (can't remember the exact name).  

Does this ring a bell?

Thanks!

JC

• Hi -

I've run into a strange display problem with the artificial horizon after updating to r420 and the 2.1.3 Config tool.

After the copter is pitched and rolled around to test the artificial horizon and then back to level, there are remnants of the horizon on the display.    Please see attached.

I'm not sure where I messed things up...

ah.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692518622?profile=original
  • Hi Gabor,

I've recently had DIY replace a minimOSD because I couldn't connect to it via the configurator. It talked perfectly well to the APM via MavLink but just couldn't be updated.

I can now load configs using both the stock configurator and yours (including the firmware, charset, and screens) but can no longer get MavLink Heartbeats. I'm using an APM2.0 running V2.7.3 firmware, and connecting to UART port 0 on the long edge of the APM board. I can use this same port with a bluetooth module and talk to the planner on my computer, so I know it spits out MavLink strings of data. I'm not trying to use this port at the same time the USB port is hooked up to the computer and I've done all the changes to the APM parameters that you specify in the wiki. I've also tried various reset combinations on both the APM and the OSD, as well as various power up methods - all with no success. It's always waiting for Mavlink Heartbeats. No other telemetry devices are hooked up and I'm using all 4 wires (which previously worked with the old OSD device) Both red lights are on, and I  can see the camera picture as well as the overlay on the screen.

The only thing that I can assume is that either the minimOSD is bad or it is set to the wrong baud rate. Can this be the case, and if so, how do you change the baud rate of the OSD? I'm currently running 115 K baud on port 0. I'm not sure that you can change that since it's also the USB port on the APM.

Thanks for all of the hard work by both you and all of the contributors. I'm dying to try it!

• Guys, who knows is the cumulative "eated" mAh from the battery is calculating and can be displaying now? In a nummeric value, not as battery percent indicator. But, maybe remain percent is the best way to control remain power to flying safely...

• gabor, this software is fantastic, much better than original MinimOSD!

i've flown yesterday, thought i had windspeed but i think i messed something up and it got out of the screen.my version is not the latest, but its almot there, don't remember when i programmed it. i'll add a video, or at least a picture later.

just one think, i couldn't get my attopilot 90A current sensor or the RSSI readings, i'm not so sure of how to compile the code. currently on arduplane v2.63.

Can you generate a compiled hex with arduplane 2.65 and the rssi readings, so i can upload it through mission planner? and do you have any hint about current sensor? i read somewhere people were getting same error as mine, 130A readings with motor off. don't remember if was 2.63 code bug or if i'm missing something...

This reply was deleted.

Activity