Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Arducopter 2.8.1 compiled with # define RECEIVER_RSSI_PIN 6
    I sent the APM 2.0 and does not work rssi
    something else to do
    help

• Someone have problems with Efficiency? in mah * km the numbers looks unstable and with 0 trottle shows 0. Any idea?

• Minimosd strange behavior shuts off with APM mode change...... HELP?

I have been using this with the extra versions for a few months.. It was pretty stable, but now after moving it to another plane, it is acting weird.  I was using firmware R139 or something like that and it was fine in my bixler.

moved it to skywalker and it shuts off when I toggle through different flight modes.  I have now installed version 2.1 and same behavior. I tried disabling the mode switch and still no change.

Once it shuts off it will not come back by toggling... only by rebooting.

It boots up fine and seems to be fine until I switch modes It seems to do when I switch modes fast.  not all the time but a lot.

I power it from the APM side with the 2 solder blobs installed.. only have video in and out.

Any ideas why this is happening?  IS my osd dead?   thanks for any suggestions.

• Hi Gabor,

I have added the required lines to Arduplane 2.65 (#define CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE APM_HARDWARE_APM2 and #define RECEIVER_RSSI_PIN 6) to APM_Config.h, see attached file (APM_Config). 

Once those lines were added I selected "Verify/Compile" and got the following error " AP_Int16 does not name a type", also attached is a file (Error String) that was below in orange type.

Because of these errors during "verify" I don't think it is compiling or generating a HEX file.

Can you help me with this, all the errors have me a lost.

Todd

Error String.txt

APM_Config.h

• Hello Gábor,

I love your MinimOSD-Extra.

How could i tuning RSSI with only Mission Planner?

I don't know how to enable this function in APM. Go to APM_Config.h and add: "#define RECEIVER_RSSI_PIN 6".

Thanks.

• Only r428 is throttle activated.

The latest releases are throttle and hight activated now. (it activates when bough criterias are met)

• Hi Gabor,

Is it possible once I re-compile Arduplane 2.65 to load it to my AMP 2.0 via Mission Planner or do I have to use Ardrino IDE?  Can you explain is a few step how it can be done with Mission Planner if possible?

Thanks for all the inprovements you and others have made........very impressed!

Cheers, Todd

• Upgraded to 2.8.1 Quad code with r427 and I'm the OSD is only showing the level bar, status messages (like disarmed, low battery,etc), and mode information.   All other information like the compass, GPS, alt/speed/etc are not being updated.   I'll fall back to 2.7.3 and see if 2.8.1 was the cause of the problem.

• Someone might missed it.

We have a pretty usable wiki.

Please use it! ;)

Like here is the character update part:

Link to wiki

• now ok!!!! I used the MinimOSD_20.hex and the Config_OSD_20.zip and all works great! And I upgraded the charset with feeding the MinimOSD with lipo 12V at same time with the FTDI cable. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

This reply was deleted.

Activity