Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Which character set is for which firmware, please?

• Why in NTSC mode MinimOSD does not display anything in the screen?

It only shows OSD if MinimOSD is configured to PAL.

Is there a reason?

My camera is 600TVL SONY SUPER HAD CCD D-WDR.

• Need help from the experts.

When I first configured the MinimOSD, the data characters were displayed and appeared clearly; but, I could not get screen 2 to display properly. Screen 2 would appear then go back to Screen 1. 

As I attempt to troubleshoot to get Screen 2 to display, the screen started to not show the overlay characters completely all of the sudden. Some of the characters do not show or appear faded. 

I appreciate any tips on how to make the characters to show up again. 

• Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in minimosd, but I know how to switch my screen size... :)

But infortunately impossible to have the entire OSD...

Very strange... Maybe someone had already the same issue ?

Thank you very much for all your advices.

Regards

Theo

3692591763?profile=original

• Hi, is there a way to display the total Amps drawn?

I only can see a panel to display the current Apms, but I want to to see the sum of Amps drawn. I saw some videos of different OSD where this is shown, so I want to ask, if this is also possible with the minimosd.

• I managed to grab a little video from my ground station recorder from some of my earlier training flights.  I'm a few revisions behind but generally, everything checked out for me.  I have been running into a weird issue where it sometimes does not reset after landing, but I'm having difficulty reproducing the issue.

Anyway - there's a little drama from 1:30 - 1:43, towards the end I'm playing with panel switching.  I'm still trying to learn how to fly behind the goggles so I haven't pushed the code's features yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO7MVza5EFI

• Gábor,

I know you like to see videos.. so here is another..  I am having problems with the summary screen as shown in this video. 

I am using r456..

has this been fixed? if not can I turn off the summary?  I don't really need that.. thanks for all your work!

http://youtu.be/FA8au5HrO3E

Mack

• I spent the last two hours trying to get my minimosd to respond to CT. 

Powered on both side (12V on video side and FTDI on the other side)

Both leds are red. No other lead have ever lit up. I just read this entire thread and a few other ones. 

Try as I might, I cannot fix the '' FAIL TO TALK TO BOOTLOADER'' issue.

My FTDI cable works because I use it for other things without problems. 

Seriously considering returning it to 3DR, this is really frustrating.

• Quick question - and I apologize if this has been covered already but I was curious, is there a way to run minimosd without running it in parallel to the serial 3 port? 

I'm running a Crius AIO with megapirateNG (beta port of APM2.8).  I currently have 3DR going into Serial 3, and I have a tap splice going from that Tx line to the minimosd's rx line.

I'd like to remove the telemetry unit but I'd still like the OSD information to be overlayed somehow.  My issue is that I want to run this setup without having to lug around a laptop.  

soooo

a) is that possible?

b) would I need to switch ports and if so where abouts is that code?

Cheers

• Gabor,

Here is some video from flying today..  Thanks fro all your work, it is great...  You will see I had some problem that caused the data to freeze. This happened when I panned my camera, so thats weird..  You can see it happen at about 2:40 into video.

Anyway, that has never happened before so maybe it won't happen again.. may have been a strange voltage spike or something when I actuated that servo?

I don't understand what the Xe character means in the waypoint area.  I Have updated the Char set..

anyway, seems like it works pretty well ..

thanks

Mack

http://youtu.be/UTkUXHuVHZE

This reply was deleted.

Activity