Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PIn 0 is the one next to the telemetry port
  • 100KM

I'm starting to miss a radar feature :) My other OSD gives me a good idea of where I am relative to my plane. I can simply look at it and immediately know if I'm still in my antenna's beam or not. But I know there's no more space :(

• 100KM

Do we have a solution yet for RangeLink / DragonLink RSSI readings?

• 100KM

Hi all - I'd like to add RSSI, so I followed the trail until I got to the section "Tuning RSSI" It seems the instructions for declaring the apm board version no longer applies in APM V2.70, as there is a comment in the APM_Config.h:

// If you used to define your CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE setting here, it is no
    // longer valid! You should switch to using CONFIG_HAL_BOARD via the HAL_BOARD
    // flag in your local config.mk instead.

I'm assuming that means selecting ArdupilotMega 2.x in the ArduPilot menu item? So all that need to be added is the RECEIVER_RSSI_PIN define?

Let me know if I'm wrong!

• Fantastic work ! Thanks so much for the ever improving OSD functions.

I do have a question regarding the "home" indicator. I am still using Copter 2.2 and in the attached video (I know you like videos) you will notice that the indicator does not move. I wasn't sure how far I had to move the copter before the arrow would swing around. I had to fly in my small back yard because of the strong winds today so the copter was not moving terribly far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ROH5I6-9Q

Thanks again for the fantastic work!

Steve

• To the team: thank you for all your work on this project - much appreciated.

I have it working fine on the 2.2 Copter load, but am having problems with the character set on the 2.3 load. I used the 2.3 CT tool,  R537 load, and the minimOSD_2.3.0.0.mcm that was in the CT tool zip file. Many of the characters are incorrect. Have I got the right combination of files?

One suggestion for a feature: while the automatic panel switch when a warning is active is convenient in some conditions, it makes it difficult to test the two panels and the off condition in the workshop. Like many others, I suspect, I work in the basement, so no GPS lock. That means I always have a warning and can't test the switching. Making the automatic switching an option in the CT tool would solve that.

I tried commenting out the warning check in the source code and that worked better for me. However, what is the recommended way of working with the source code given Arduino enforces that the main module name has to match the folder name? I ended up copying the entire "MinimOsd-Extra_Copter" folder to a new folder "ArduCAM_OSD" to match the "ArduCAM_OSD.ino" file name which worked, but it makes it tough to merge new versions in. Have you considered treating the various versions (e.g. "MinimOsd-Extra_Copter", "MinimOsd-Extra", etc.) as branches rather than as separate folders? Or maybe a hybrid where there is one folder for the copter version and one for the plane version, with the main module names matching the folder names? The "pre-release" versions would then be branched and merged.

Thanks again,

Andrew

• 100KM
    I've just come back from flying with R540 and I must say it is terrific! I wish I recorded, but I was expecting some hard landings while trimming my wing, but had a great flight after all. Thanks everyone!
  • Video of version R540 if it helps anyone.

http://youtu.be/JEC8pXKY5EI

• Miguel have just made some fixes on CT

Also it has the new character set.

It is here: Downloads

Gábor

• I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I have a few things I would LOVE to see on this OSD.

I like speed and altitude tapes, and a trend vector on the airspeed.

Also, the attitude indicator HUD is very gimpy. Can we have something more like this:

3692668501?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity