Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Video of version R540 if it helps anyone.

http://youtu.be/JEC8pXKY5EI

• Miguel have just made some fixes on CT

Also it has the new character set.

It is here: Downloads

Gábor

• I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I have a few things I would LOVE to see on this OSD.

I like speed and altitude tapes, and a trend vector on the airspeed.

Also, the attitude indicator HUD is very gimpy. Can we have something more like this:

3692668501?profile=original

• I just uploaded the r534 beta and also updated my charset..

I think there may be a problem in the charset somewhere regarding the arrows..

3692667827?profile=original

• "That screen / flight mode mapping could be useful, but how would you for example, clear your screen? (would it allways be mapped to the flight mode which you would be flying, or would you have a switch to turn on/off?). I can see your request as a new feature in the future releases"

- The question is  how many panel you can add? I would configure one for each flight modes.- so 6(at least for me). On one -FBWA by example I would left it without any data.- so a button less- one less problem to think about and more time to enjoy the flight.

• I confirm that I uploaded the new mcm charset(MinimOSD_2.3.0.0.mcm) and the latest firmware(maybe my tlog is not compatible with it) 

Can be shared the switch from the Flight modes with the change of panels- I would choose a different arrangement of the items on the screen for the navigation(Auto) and other for Stabilized(landing , takeoff...). (Just like on the real HUD's)???

• Tried with an old TLOG and ILS indicator wasn't present, also on loading firmware horizon indicator on ct tool didn't appeared changed.

MinimOSD-Extra Plane 2.3 Pre-Release r534&CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.3 Pre Release r532

• Hi,

There is a new pre-release of minimosd extra!

A special thanks to Jörg's smooth horizon.

CT Tool for MinimOSD Extra 2.3 Pre Release r532

• CT Tool to be used with 2.3 version. Now CT Tool default charset is MinimOSD_2.3.0.0.mcm (included in zip file). Each version of minimosd firmware version has it's custom CT Tool and charset. This way we avoid different charset files with the same name.
    • Panels ordered alphabetically or by category. Enjoy! :)
    • You can choose to see % remaining battery or mAh consumed in the config panel. This is regarding the battery percent panel.

MinimOSD-Extra Plane 2.3 Pre-Release r534

New features: 

• ILS - Horizon panel shows 2 new indicators:
            Vertical indicator - Right side of horizon shows a horizontal line moving up/down. When line is in center, plane is on a glide slope angle of 10°. Range is +/- 5° from center
            Horizontal indicator - Bottom of horizon panel shows a vertical line moving left/right. When line is in center, plane is on takeoff heading. Range is +/- 5° from center
            Takeoff heading is saved when throttle reaches at least 3% for the first time.
    • Battery remaining % or mAh
    • Smooth horizon. Jörg's mod!

MinimOSD-Extra Copter 2.3 Pre-Release r533

• Battery remaining % or mAh
    • Vertical Landing Aid is now on the right side of horizon panel avoiding this way overlaping with horizon line.
    • Smooth horizon. Jörg's mod!

What we ask from you?

Videos, Tons of videos! :D

And feedback. That's the main reason we develop new features.

Regards,

Miguel

• Hi,

Is anyone using mode switch to switch between screens?

I am asking, because i am just about to remove it to save space.

Gábor

• hI,

Which CT should we use for Copter version 2.2?  should we use  CT for MinimOSD Extra Plane 2.2 for MinimOSD-Extra Copter 2.2?

thanks,

John

This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @TinkerGen_: "The Tinkergen MARK ($199) is my new favorite starter robocar. It’s got everything — computer vision, deep learning, sensor…
Monday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Monday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @roboton_io: Join our FREE Sumo Competition 🤖🏆 👉 https://roboton.io/ranking/vsc2020 #sumo #robot #edtech #competition #games4ed https://t.co/WOx…
Nov 16
DIY Drones via Twitter
First impressions of Tinkergen MARK robocar https://ift.tt/36IeZHc
Nov 16
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Our review of the @TinkerGen_ MARK robocar, which is the best on the market right now https://diyrobocars.com/2020/11/15/first-impressions-of-tinkergen-mark-robocar/ https://t.co/ENIlU5SfZ2
Nov 15
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @Ingmar_Stapel: I have now explained the OpenBot project in great detail on my blog with 12 articles step by step. I hope you enjoy read…
Nov 15
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @DAVGtech: This is a must attend. Click the link, follow link to read the story, sign up. #chaos2020 #digitalconnection #digitalworld ht…
Nov 15
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Got a new chassis for outdoor races (hobbyking Quantum Vandal) but I totally didn't expect that it might cause problems for my g…
Nov 11
DIY Drones via Twitter
First impressions of the Intel OpenBot https://ift.tt/36qkVV4
Nov 10
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Nov 9
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Excellent use of cardboard instead of 3D printing! https://twitter.com/Ingmar_Stapel/status/1324960595318333441
Nov 7
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @chr1sa: We've got a record 50 teams competing in this month's @DIYRobocars @donkey_car virtual AI car race. Starting today at 10:00am…
Nov 7
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Nov 6
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Car's view, using a fisheye camera. The ceiling light tracking algorithm gave me some ideas to improve ConeSLAM, and having grou…
Nov 5
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: To get ground truth I measured the rug, found the pixel coordinates of its corners, calibrated my phone camera with my standard…
Nov 5
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: @DIYRobocars is back in December, but outside. Time to reinvestigate ConeSLAM! I rigged up a quick and dirty ground-truth captur…
Nov 5
More…