Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I did the char set update and it completed ok. Then I wrote the current tabs and that was fine but now I've lost video??? I have another minimosd that I'm setting up at the same time but didn't do the char set update so I plugged that in instead and it works fine.

Is it possible the char set update can brick the board? I can still save the current tab so it seems ok but video screen shows NO SIGNAL. I can swap out my other minimosd while everything is still turned on the video comes back so it's something with the board that I did the char set update on.

• I've got my 2 boards working and uploaded r554. The characters look funky though. I see in the CT the option for update char set but where do I find the char set? Didn't see it in the minimosd-extra/downloads/list

• Hi. I just moved from MinimOSD to MinimOSD extra, there's a lot of good stuff in it. I am, however, curious as to why the "Heart Beat" was dropped...it seemed like that was a useful thing to have. Thanks!

• Hi Guys - How can I disable the "Battery Low" warning?

I have no voltage/current sensor connect to my APM2.5 so this warning continually flashes.  I have tried setting both the Min Battery voltage and the Battery remaining % to zero but it doesn't go away.

Hope someone can help please.

Thanks

• Got a little further. I thought it was on COM2 but was on 3 so the firmware uploaded but I then get the EEPROM error.

I'm able to save a tab but just not able to Read From OSD.

• I'm trying to upload the latest firmware to a new board. I'm new to minimosd. I downloaded 2.3.0.0 of the config tool. When connected ftdi and camera on, I see v1.9 Arducam OSD waiting for mavlink… overlay.

I tried upgrading the firmware but i get these errors.

failed to talk to bootloader

upload failed.lost sync. try using arduino…

The EEPROM mapping is outdated! An automatic update will start.

Do I need a particular driver to connect to this? I'm using the diydrones ftdi cable. Windows 7 x64 on fusion for mac if that matters.

• We have a new FW to test!

It has real heading angle also.

If someone could test it for us.... :)

Thx,

Gáor

CT_for_MinimOSD-Extra_Pre-release_Beta_r552.zip

MinimOSD-Extra_Pre-release_Beta_r552_Plane.hex

• 100KM

I've just got RSSI working!!! Thanks Fernando!! Just one small glitch - when I start up, my percentage goes to -132%, then to 100%, but I'm left with a double % because of the additional "-" character. Is there a fix? No big deal.

• I'm using a 5V camera. Is it ok to power the nontelem side with only 5V or does it require 12V? I'm using immersionRC 5.8 and will be using it's 5V output for camera.

• I have added COG panel. (Course Over Ground)

That is an arrow showing your real heading.

Could someone test it for me?

Thx,

Gábor

MinimOSD-Extra_Pre-release_Beta_r548_Plane.hex

CT_for_MinimOSD-Extra_Pre-release_Beta_r548.zip

This reply was deleted.

Activity