Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Were you able to figure out what was causing your OSD to hang on splash screen?

I have the same issue and can't get it to display panels at all. I have MAVLink OSD Crius V2.0 board.

My screen looks exactly as it does in your picture: not centered, with "Copter" text cutout and that weird icon at top left. What is it, an unplugged camera, or FC? .. Anyway, please let me know, because I have no idea what else to try.

• Okay so first step is wiring

Apm tx to osd rx and to radio rx

Apm rx to radio tx

Go to mission planner hit enable telemetry and see if that changes also once the apm is on hit reset on the osd. I didn't read to much into detail on the problem at this point but do that and update us to ensure wiring is correct.

Also relfash your minimosd

• Thank you for the fast reply!

I rechecked the wiring again. I have successfully flashed the eBay board with both 2.0 and extra. I have received conflicting on which is the right one for apm. All of the previous descriptions are with 2.0.

• Hi guys,

I have a weird problem with my minimOSD extra on my LCD screen

It's all working fine and looks good, but...

every few seconds it goes to another screen and back to the normal screen back and forth (it's not the 2nd panel, I have disabled it and also disabled the warning panel)

I've attached pictures showing the normal panel and the weird unknown panel.

I would highly appreciate if anyone could help me get rid of this panel

Thanks,

Ori

3701891981?profile=original

3701891996?profile=original

• your experiencing it thinking your trip is done and its displaying the stats for end of trip

disable trip stats or find out why its thinking that its completed maybe your throttle triggers it when you throttle down to zero

• Yes, that is the flight stats display, it will come on when throttle is of for some period, the moment throttle is engaged it goes off and does not come back until throttle is once again off.
        It happened to me once mid flight and my cousin told me it was normal and to play with my throttle and it went away.
        Masha Allah very handy when the flight is over and you want to see a summary, we very often take a pic of it as it has a summary of the most important stats.

Muhammad
        • Thanks Muhammad and Charles for the info!

I'd like to know how to disable it (if thats possible) through mission planner or through the osd config tool

Thanks and have a nice week,

Ori

• I don't see a setting in the Config tool to do that

I think you would have to recompile from the source and remove that option from being displayed, there might also be a value it looks for from throttle you should be able to adjust also to work better for your setup but im looking at a different code revision locally so I cant give specifics

Someone else could probably give a better insight into what is possible for this rev than me

• as a test you could calibrate your esc's and leave a small gap at the low end of the stick when doing so then when the motors are off the osd will not see that until the actual stick is at the bottom fully, it might help try the theory on that being your problem

• Hi!

PLS help!

I start to work with code of MinimOsd-Extra under Arduino 1.0.6 for plane.

I make a copy of project (use SVN Client).

I copy files from Trunk----MinimOsd-Extra  catalog  to Arduino Arducam_OSD catalog and also Trunk-- libraries to Arduino libraries. Set board Arduino Nano w/328. 

Start verify and see many warnings and errors:

OSD_Panels.ino:247:27: warning: character constant too long for its type
    ArduCAM_OSD.ino: In function 'void __vector_18()':
    ArduCAM_OSD.ino:95: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
    Font.ino: In function 'void uploadFont()':
    Font:20: error: no matching function for call to 'FastSerial::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    E:\arduino-1.0.6\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/BetterStream.h:28: note: candidates are: void BetterStream::printf_P(const char*, ...)
    Font:87: error: no matching function for call to 'FastSerial::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    E:\arduino-1.0.6\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/BetterStream.h:28: note: candidates are: void BetterStream::printf_P(const char*, ...)
    OSD_Config_Func.ino: In function 'void InitializeOSD()':
    OSD_Config_Func:50: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panLogo()':
    OSD_Panels:15: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panDistance(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels.ino:176: warning: format '%5.2f' expects type 'double', but argument 4 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels.ino:178: warning: format '%5.0f' expects type 'double', but argument 4 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panFdata()':
    OSD_Panels.ino:193: warning: format '%5.0f' expects type 'double', but argument 26 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panTemp(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels.ino:207: warning: format '%5.1f' expects type 'double', but argument 4 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panEff(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels:230: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels.ino:248: warning: format '%4.0f' expects type 'double', but argument 4 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels:252: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels:254: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panWarn(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels.ino:678: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:679: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:680: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:681: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:682: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:683: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panBatteryPercent(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels.ino:723: warning: format '%5.0f' expects type 'double', but argument 4 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panHorizon(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels:782: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panWPDis(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels.ino:1011: warning: format '%4.0f' expects type 'double', but argument 6 has type 'float'
    OSD_Panels:1013: error: no matching function for call to 'OSD::printf_P(prog_char_t*)'
    OSD_Panels.ino: In function 'void panFlightMode(int, int)':
    OSD_Panels.ino:1043: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1044: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1045: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1046: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1047: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1048: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1049: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1050: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1051: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1052: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1053: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1054: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    OSD_Panels.ino:1055: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
    /OSD_Vars.h: At global scope:
    /OSD_Vars.h:120: warning: 'osd_windspeedz' defined but not used
    /OSD_Vars.h:137: warning: 'convertt' defined but not used

My question- this is normal or something I did wrong?

Thanks in advance!

This reply was deleted.

Activity