Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gabor, please make this a very low priority item in your busy life. It's not really important.
    • Iam,

I did this once before and it was straight forward, but it was several versions ago so perhaps something has fallen off..  Nonetheless, here is how I accomplished it:

Leaving the OSD board hooked up to the video equipment, I hooked up the digital side to the ftdi cable as normal.  In the Config Tool, under "Options" is a "Send TLog" menu item.  What that does is replay the tlog through the digital side (which then gets overlaid on to the video) at 1x speed.  It doesn't update anything in the CT panels, it only operates on the chip itself.

Again, I don't know if this is still working, buts its how I did it a while back.  Curious if you try this (if you haven't already!) and hearing if it works or doesn't work..  Good luck either way!

• Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to work. I see "Sending Tlog" next to the progress bar for a minute, then it disappears. Meanwhile the monitor just shows "No Mavlink Data"
        Maybe the feature was removed to save space?
        • I doubt it had to do with space honestly, it should just be a matter of the CT emulating telem from the autopilot.  The minimOSD shouldn't be aware that its not really in the air..

I was afraid that was going to be your answer, because while I was writing my comments above, I thought I may have remembered trying it again at one point and being unsuccessful, but wasn't sure that it was my setup or something else. 

Well crap, sorry man.  There is definitely value in doing that for sure but it sounds like it won't work for a while.

• T3

Out of curiosity, why do you want to play it back on the MinimOSD? Is there something that's keeping you from doing it in Mission Planner or do you prefer the layout you created on the OSD? Maybe you're playing it back along with the video you recorded?

The MP HUD has most of the data, granted in a fixed layout. I'm trying to get a sense of why you want to do it with the OSD.

• It's for bench testing the panels and screen layout without flying. Not essential but a nice tool. Gabor uses it a lot, so I'm surprised it's broken.
        • The no mavlink message was fixed for me when i updated the parameters in the mission planner.

• Thanks but this is a different issue. The APM isn't connected in this case, just the CT tool.
    • Hi all with the help of Gabor (Big Thank You) I solved my issue with not being able to update the character set on my Minimosd.  All the time the problem was at my end and hardware related.  My FTDI is a 3.3 volt unit and while this is fine for making changes in the screen panels it was not enough to power the board for a character set flash.  So I applied 5 volts to the digital side of the minim and 12 volts to the analogue side and it flashed the latest character set correctly first time.  The R800 firmware is working fine after a long bench test here this afternoon and displaying all the new modes that I needed.  Once again thanks to Gabor and the other guys for their dedication to this project.

Hally

This reply was deleted.

Activity