Adding extra functions to MinimOSD

I have started to add functions to MinimOsd code.

At first i did it for myself only. Added many functions i thought i need. Then opened this thread.

after a while, Pedro and later Miguel came, and things started to happen fast. :D

They have optimised the code and added even more things to it.

They have worked hard on CT, and it became a great tool!

Thank you Bough! :)

By now MinimOSD-Extra got a pretty advanced OSD.

Here it is in action:

Added:

- Changeable unit measurement (US, metric)

- Airspeed

- Home alt

- Battery Percent

- Battery used mah

- Current Draw

- Time From Startup (cleared at takeoff to show exact flight time)

- OSD Menu

- Variometer

- Wind horizontal speed and direction, and also the average wind speed of the last few minutes. 

- OSD on/off

- Switchable secound screen

- WP distance

- WP heading

- Crosstrack error

- Warning messages for Lost GPS fix, Stall, Overspeed, battery volt, battery Percent, RSSI

- Efficiency, glide distance & thermic notifier. 3 in one panel

- OSD Brightness

- HAM Call Sign

- After flight summary

- Trip distance

- Temperature

- Smoothened horizon

- Real heading

- RSSI

- Vertical speed

This functions can be turned on and off, and placed on different screens now, by the Config. tool.

Also RSSI, switching mode and channel and unit measurement, Stall speed warning, Overspeed warning, Battery warning volt, Battery percent warning, RSSI warning,  can be set in new Config Tool.

We built in a new way of setting video standards. Now OSD does not guessing anymore :). You can set it fixed from CT. It is in "Video Mode" menu.

Here is how it looks: (This video is a bit outdated, sorry. I will make a new one soon.)

The MinimOSD-Extra project is here: Link

This project is the developing version of the official Arducam OSD located here: Link

The latest stable version is: 2.2

The latest version can be downloaded from here: MinimOSD-Extra R800

Username: MinimOSD_Extra

Password: Top_Secret

CT is included. (The FW for Plane, Copter, Character upload and the character file is in the "FW & Char" directory inside CT directory)

We are sharing it to see videos you make using it! :)

Enjoy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bom dia Miguel, eu espero que tudo esteja bem!

I have not updated my MinimOSD since this post back in June 2014 and was wondering if 2.4.0.2 & R800 Copter are stable, or should I be using a different build?

Obrigado!

• Miguel, no matter what I do, I cant get the "Heading Rose" to populate correctly.

I have tried character-set 2.4.0.0 & 2.4.0.1 with firmware r791.hex...nothing works! 

Please see screen capture below!

3702867953?profile=original

• It just occurred to me, is there a specific "order" in which to flash both the firmware and the character-set...ie, firmware first then CS?

• Hi Pyr8,

I'm almost sure you're not successfully updating the charset (althought CT Tool may show it is done). That chars in rose panel are from older charset positions.

Are you using separate power sources to power minimosd digital and video sides?

If so, you need to power both to upload the charset.

The order you upload isn't relevant. If you have copter r791 installed you should just need to upload the charset.

Miguel

• Hi Pyr8,

Ah, the bootloader got corrupted. Once that happened to me.

Great to know that it is working fine now!

If you could please post a video :)

Miguel

• Thanks Miguel,

It looks like I had several issues. After trying your suggestion of powering both sides of the OSD, I kept on getting the following errors:

"Failed to talk to bootloader"

"The EEPROM mapping is outdated! An automatic update will start."

"Failed to talk to bootloader."

"EEPROM mapping updated!"

I found the fix here: http://goo.gl/N6TNDi

I used Arduino and "Burned" the Bootloader using a "usbasp" after I soldered some jumper pins to my OSD

Re-flashed the firmware and Cher-set....It's all GOLDEN now.

Big thanks for your input and help!!!!!!

3702935530?profile=original

MinimOSD Failed to talk to bootloader - Page 6 - RC Groups
                    Page 6-Discussion MinimOSD Failed to talk to bootloader FPV Equipment
  • I'm getting this all setup v soon, I just realized, with a headtracker and a camera pan/tilt system, would it not make sense the horizon scrolled down as I point my head to look up? ie. The horizon is accurately represented, regardless of the head movement?

Is there any interface for making this happen?

• 100KM

What would be awesome is a pan & tilt indicator, displaying the camera's current position relative to the aircraft. The APM has this info, but I don't think it goes over mavlink.

• This is my latest video from arducopter apm 2.5 v 3.1.1 and minim osd 2.4  r785

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJ34TzZwr0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXdYTyij-xI&list=UUdqAEp6o_gQiB...

Great job guys..

Thank you!!!!!

This reply was deleted.

Activity