I was using Cannon S100 previously for mapping purpose with CHDK, 1/2000 shutter speed, IS turned off and focus set to Infinity but still get around 50% blurry image.
Please share your Nex 5n camera setting (Auto or manual or shutter priority?) and any experiences, pros & cons using Nex 5n for mapping purpose.
Let me start from what I was reading from some forum (forgot the link):
Sony Nex 5 series Camera Setting for Mapping:
- Mode: Aperture Priority (by Krajst)
- ISO: 400 or 800 (by Krajst) (if you want faster shutter speeds, you'll have to increase your ISO) check: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Your-Digital-Camera%27s-ISO-Setting
- White balance: Daily/Sunny or Cloudy (by Krajst)
- Sharpness: infinity (but it is tricky with 16mm lens so I use auto (by Krajst)
- IR Shutter from Hobbyking (by iskess)
- Use high speed SD: SANDISK EXTREME PRO SDHC SD 16GB, 95MB/s (by iskess)
- More pixel compare with S100 = More ground coverage
- Fixed lens 16mm = less blurry image result
- Heavier compare with S100
- No GPS onboard
- Nex 5n Time between shutter > 2 sec = S100 faster < 2 sec (if you need to fly really fast)
I will update first page regularly that may be useful for others.
Many thanks in advance for your contribution.