Hi,

After I did a AutoTune my drone became too responsive.

Before AutoTune flying was way more pleasant.

To rollback these settings do I have to change the PIDs to it's defauld settings?

This is my setup:

Pixhawk with Hexa Arducopter 3.2-rc14

Mission planner 1.3.15.2 (Beta)

Below the screenschots of the PIDs before and after AutoTune:

3691164720?profile=original

3691164780?profile=original

i'm not familiar with these settings and not certain what to change.

any advice is welcome!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The new Stabilize Roll value caught my eye - try lower it to 4.5 - equal to Stabilize Pitch. It looks like something went wrong during AutoTune. The ideal values depend on size, weight and number of arms of the multicopter, motor size and props etc, please let us know and we may be able to give you better advice.

Also maybe try another AutoTune?

Good luck!

-Jan

• Here some info on my drone:

Frame: Tarot TY690S Hexacopter

Weight: 2.850 Kg. (all included)

Motors: 700kv

Props: 13x4.5

Battery: 4S 5000mAh

• Frame: Tarot TY690S Hexacopter

Size: 690mm

Weight: 2.940 Kg. (all included)

ESC's ZTW-Spider 30A opto (SimonK V2014-09-30 BS N-FET) [No Sync Problems]

Motors: 700kv

Props: 13x4.5 carbon

Battery: 4S 5000mAh Turnigy

• That's about one kilo heavier than my 550mm size scratch built hexa, so I guess my PID values wouldn't be of much help.

Still - a good starting point for Stabilize Roll and Pitch may be around 9.0 for both. My PI values for Rate on my hexa after AutoTune ended up around 0.1 for both Roll and Pitch, yours may end up higher because of a heavier ship. D rates I don't know, mine ended around 0.01 for roll and pitch - I think it depends on final Rate PI values - anyway a successful AutoTune would take care of those, I think..

So either reset all values to default and try AutoTune again, or try mine (at your own risk :-) ) before a retry. If you have a gimbal mounted it should be removed before attempting AutoTune, or at least secure all moving parts so nothing is hanging loose.

Somebody else may comment on your "accelerometer health" issue, but did you calibrate?

-Jan

• Increase your exponential stick scaling on tx

• The problem is that it not anly in stabilize mode but also appears in AlHold or PosHold it also reacts fast and strange you can hear this by the props.

There where also "accelerometer health" issues and I could not arm the drone.

Could this be because it was 3.8° degree (38.84F) that affects the accelerometer sensor?

• I have been flying in much colder weather, also with "frozen" equipment that was spotted in car over night. No difference except for batteries.
This reply was deleted.

Activity