Replies

• David,

That should do the job - use the analogue ground in the same row by the USB port.

Do you still have the same problem with the Teensie disconnected? If you still get alarms then - try updating the Taranis firmware.

Alan

• Need some help getting stated. I did everything up to the point where I clicked on the checkmark VERIFY. I assume that compiles the program. Teensy 3.1 is not connected.

Here is the error message :

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.
    Arduino: 1.0.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"
    FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void FrSkySPort_Init()':
    FrSkySPort:20: error: 'UART0_C3' was not declared in this scope
    FrSkySPort:21: error: 'UART0_C1' was not declared in this scope
    FrSkySPort:22: error: 'UART0_S2' was not declared in this scope
    FrSkySPort.ino: In function 'void FrSkySPort_SendPackage(uint16_t, uint32_t)':
    FrSkySPort:160: error: 'UART0_C3' was not declared in this scope

• I figured it out.

• I have a problem with init. When I connect (put power on my APM) there is no telemetri info on my taranis.
    If I establish a connection via 433 board the telemetri from my teensy shows up but only then.

I am using MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3

When I disconnect the 433Mhz link the telemetri via teensy 3.1 continues.

So, it seems that the APM need info from the 433 telemetri to start/init the teensy board.

The yellow led on the teensy does a rapid pulsing, both when the telemetri works and also when it do not work i.e sends info to the X8R receiver.

I have only the rx in to the teensy. I also tried to disconnect the 433 board and did connect the TX from the teensy, same problem!

Any idee?

• Göran

The telemetry output on the APM expects to see activity on the TX line before it will output telemetry data. If you do not use the telemetry transmitter then connect the TX line on the Teensie.

Alan

• I have the opposite problem. Teensy and taranis telemetry works great UNTILL I connect the 915 3dr GCS radio then the GCS works fine but I get errors from the taranis. I have both the TX and RX connected on the teesny... think maybe I need to disconnect the RX from the teesny to the TX on the amp? I bought two teesny boards  about 6 months apart from Droneshopbiz prewired. It's interesting the first one has 3 wires going to the pixhawk telem2 port [ 3dr radio on telem1 ] but the second teesny only has 2 wires. I haven't tried the 2 wire version yet but in ready your post and then noticing that I wonder if that isn't my problem. Thoughts?  ps I'm reading this entire thread to figure out out... I have about 100 pages to go :/

• I meant disconnect the TX from the teensy to theRX on the pixhawk...

• AlanGP

I have tried both.

The only way to get the teensi send to the taranis is when i first read/connect to Mission planner via my telemetri 433mhz link.

When MP has read in all then i can see activity in my taranis.

My understanding is that neither the teensi or the 433mhz telemetri activates any mavlink in the APM.

Goran

• The Teensy should  send the Mavlink request to the APM for getting back the data. Check if you have connected the TX line from the Teensy to the RX line on the APM.

The telemetry radio is just a simple link between your APM and groundstation and will not enable any data request by it self.  

• First off I want to say I love the work you've done on this!

I installed everything on the teensy and hooked it up directly to the apm 2.5.  I do get some information, but some of it doesn't make sense.  The GPS data showing number of satellites and 3d fix seems to be off.  I'm also getting a constant GPS speed of 0.  Last my cels reading seems to be odd even though I've calibrated it in the APM 2.5 software.  It was initially working well, but on two flights ago it stayed at 15.8 v and this last flight started at 20v and started going down from there (I'm on 4s). 

My firmware version on the taranis is opentx-x9d-v1.1.02 

I've included a picture below

3701710767?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity