Replies

• hi, i read the thread about opentx 2.1 and telemetry re factoring, i do not think that it will be so complicated to implement. but at first the many things beside telemetry refactoring must be done. i think this will take a long time before next opentx mayor release candidate will be ready for testing.

i am hopefully waiting for opentx 2.0.13 which fix some critical bugs and memory leaks?:)?. there are different meanings about possible memory leaks... as you maybe follow in bug https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1834. :) but bertrand is somebody who do not give up. i am sure that he can circle and solve the problem which seems really hard to locate.currently i am study around in coos http://www.coocox.org/index.html to learn more about this small rt system. there are many things different to other operation systems. also i order an   http://www.exp-tech.de/Mainboards/ARM/STM32F4Discovery.html board for debugging code. hopefully to dive in deeper inside opentx.

settings for logical switches are sometimes changed by itself · Issue #1834 · opentx/opentx
        hi, i noticed a strange problem with logical switches. i have defined 6 Logical switches to get six flight-modes at my apm2.6 using switches SG and S…
  • Is there a reason the article from the link above refers to the SBus for the project?

brgds

• typo.

• Hey Thanks, I am having some problems and didn't want to think that I was missing something that major.

• awesome

• Hi Rolf,

Thank you for great job with this Teensy converter.

I made one for me and I'm really excited about it! I'd like to ask you about Cell and Cells because these stay zero in my Taranis. Vfas shows correct Lipo voltage but I can't see Cells. Do you know what I did wrong?

I use Taranis v2.0.12 and X8R receiver, APM (latest FW) with power module.

Thanks for any advice.

Radim

• hi,

sorry for the noob question. i been through the threads cant seem to find the answer that i want. does the telemetry script work with Taranis and D4R-II receiver? why I ask this is i m looking to replace the newly iris+ flysky TX with Taranis. the flysky TX is mod opentx and the pixhawk has some sort of frsky FUL-1 connected in between D4R-II. i guess the FUL-1 is functions as the teensy i think.

To summarise my question I m just want simple solution to swap the Flysky TX with Taranis while keeping the original D4R-II telemetry working and load the Luis Vale LUA script to display the MAVLINK data. OpenTX for taranis doesnt seems to display the MAVLINK data correctly according to some forum. i have not own a taranis yet. but if this is possible and someone has done it i will get one to try.

thanks in advance. please guide me to correct location i if i asked at the wrong forum. 

mel

• The jdio board works with non-sbus frsky rx.
  • hi, i create a new radar on taranis telemetry screen. this radar can display the position (relative) from home position where the vehicle is located, and it display the heading (orientation of yaw axis) relative to home position.

how it works:

if you arm your vehicle, you must stand behind your vehicle. than the display will show you an small arrow which point into the direction your vehicle is aligned. if you rotate the vehicle in armed status the arrow all-time rotate as the vehicle yaw orientation.

now, if you do not change your own orientation in flight you know all time the right heading of vehicle. second function of radar is to point out the position relative to home position. the small arrow can move around inside the small box. this movent show you the position of vehicle relative to your home position. also here it is important that you do not change your orientation while flying.

the image is bad because my handy do not get the display of taranis very good. but you can see inside the rectangle the centre point(home position) and the arrow which moves around and can rotate around. 

3701869438?profile=original

inside the video you can see the arrow jumping around. this happens because i am in my garage, and the gps signal is very low. outside and with better gps accuracy the arrow do not jump around. the radar automatic change the zoom factor depended to vehicle distance from home position. distance to home is displayed in the bottom right of the rectangle. also you can see that after arming the arrow starts rotating. i rotate my copter with the other hand. the arrow follow this rotation relative to my position and not absolute to heading.

testers are welcome. the rest of telemetry screen come from luis. i this version i only remove all bmp files to reduce i/o load of taranis.

whatever if interested you can download the telemetry script here. https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/single-cell-li...

testers welcome.

/g

wolke

• Great work Wolke.

If only we had more pixels to play :)

Check your friend requests here.

brgds

luis

ps: and more cpu :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity