Replies

• Hi,

I am trying to get the telemetry data to my Horus X12s, via X8R receiver. Did anyone already get this setup running?

Here are some details:

- X12s with OpenTX v2.2 (installed via companion with lua option enabled)

- Teensy v3.2 with Mav_Sport2.1-2.2-master branch (installed via git clone)

- Pixhawk with Ardupilot v3.4.2

I tried to stick to the tutorial from [1] and configured the parameters in ardupilot and installed the teensy firmware as described. Now I stuck in configuring the X12s. But I don't know if the serial data is really send via the telemetry port2 to the teensy, if the teensy really encodes the messages and passes it on the X8R receiver and if the receiver really sends the data back to the horus in the right way.

If all this is OK, I don't know how to include the lua scripts in the horus. All tutorials refer to the tanaris and I don't know if I can use them as they are.

I appreciate  any help!

[1] https://github.com/athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.-Setup

Thanks,

Markus

athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    APM MavLink to FrSky S.Port converter. Contribute to athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • I will double check everything and do another flight to see if I can recreate the 'missing pointer' and post back here... thanks again.

RK

Paul Atherton said:

The log shows a top speed of 18.343 m/s which is just over 40mph. Would suggest comparing what you see on the Taranis with Mission Planner to see if there is a discrepancy. Remember that Mission planner likely shows speed in km/h, so when doing the comparison, select the same for speed units in the LUA telemetry screen. Also remember that you need to keep the sensor configuration for Gspd set to 'kts' in the model's telemetry sensors page - this is the default scale that is assigned by OpenTx, and any other value set for this will cause it to scale incorrectly. Again, all detailed in the wiki here: https://github.com/athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.2.-FrSky-Tara...

Cheers, Paul

• Tim,

There is a brand new SD card structure for 2.2. If you look on the 2.2-rc12 download page, you will see a link also to the SD card download. I believe that the passthru sensors are hidden from the telemetry page. You need to write the LUA code to access the sensor addresses directly. o be honest, I wouldn't take my word on this as its not something I have looked into much. 

I will not be looking into the passthru protocol for a while as the Teensy solution works really well - even with 2.2, so I'll be sticking with that given I have a bunch of them (I think 5 of them now). 

If you do get anywhere though then please let us know in here. Cheers, Paul

Tim Painter said:

Hi

just updated X9D   to 2.2 but got message warning about sd card not v2.2, and extra sensors were not detected?

Hmmmm     I think i will stick to 2.1.9  and teensy solution , all a bit beyond my experience to solve this lot.

Tim

• Hi

just updated X9D   to 2.2 but got message warning about sd card not v2.2, and extra sensors were not detected?

Hmmmm     I think i will stick to 2.1.9  and teensy solution , all a bit beyond my experience to solve this lot.

Tim

• ok thanks

Paul Atherton said:

Opentx 2.2 only Tim. Just newly introduced in one of the rc releases.
  • Opentx 2.2 only Tim. Just newly introduced in one of the rc releases.

• well i seem to have fallen at the first hurdle fith this passthrough stuff.

in the discover sensors i find 5001  and a flight mode number as the value

in lua getValue ("5001")  returns 0 .

if i select 5001 in telemetry screen this displays flight mode  ok

Tx ver 2.1.9

Any ideas?  anyone?

Tim Painter said:

Hi paul

Thanks for the spread sheet I think  this will be very helpful with creating a lua script to use pass-though data

Just have to work out how to extract the relevant bytes in lua ?

I have modified the  existing lua (cant remember which fork )  to work with direct output from pixhawk / pixrapter, just change sensor names to Tmp1,Tmp2

no HDOP data available,or messages, but radar ,volts, current, speed,gps stats, seems to be ok.

Thanks again for the help

Tim

Paul Atherton said:

Tim,

I have attached a spreadsheet containing details of the telemetry sensors and values contained in each, which are produced by using the passthru protocol you refer to. Thanks to Luis Vale for providing these to me and allowing me to share here. Hopefully this will be of help in writing LUA script etc.

Best wishes, Paul

Tim Painter said:

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply .

I have  been "out of the loop "  for some time how quickly things change.

I am using a inverter to get data directly from pixhawk into Sport.

the main reason for doing this was to save £20 on a teensy but the cost of craft and theory lua would cancel this out

arducopter 3.4  also seems to directly output "repurposed " telemetry.

I think this would be easier to use with a lua script with a few tweeks.

Thanks again for the information

Tim

• Hi paul

Thanks for the spread sheet I think htis will be very helpful with creating a lua script to use pass-though data

Just have to work out how to extract the relevant bytes in lua ?

I have modified the  existing lua (cant remember which fork )  to work with direct output from pixhawk / pixrapter, just change sensor names to Tmp1,Tmp2

no HDOP data available,or messages, but radar ,volts, current, speed,gps stats, seems to be ok.

Thanks again for the help

Tim

Paul Atherton said:

Tim,

I have attached a spreadsheet containing details of the telemetry sensors and values contained in each, which are produced by using the passthru protocol you refer to. Thanks to Luis Vale for providing these to me and allowing me to share here. Hopefully this will be of help in writing LUA script etc.

Best wishes, Paul

Tim Painter said:

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply .

I have  been "out of the loop "  for some time how quickly things change.

I am using a inverter to get data directly from pixhawk into Sport.

the main reason for doing this was to save £20 on a teensy but the cost of craft and theory lua would cancel this out

arducopter 3.4  also seems to directly output "repurposed " telemetry.

I think this would be easier to use with a lua script with a few tweeks.

Thanks again for the information

Tim

• The log shows a top speed of 18.343 m/s which is just over 40mph. Would suggest comparing what you see on the Taranis with Mission Planner to see if there is a discrepancy. Remember that Mission planner likely shows speed in km/h, so when doing the comparison, select the same for speed units in the LUA telemetry screen. Also remember that you need to keep the sensor configuration for Gspd set to 'kts' in the model's telemetry sensors page - this is the default scale that is assigned by OpenTx, and any other value set for this will cause it to scale incorrectly. Again, all detailed in the wiki here: https://github.com/athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.2.-FrSky-Tara...

Cheers, Paul

athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    APM MavLink to FrSky S.Port converter. Contribute to athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • I think this is the log. The time is says doesn't make sense so I'm not %100 sure. I sure don't see anything on here that looks even remotely close to 60 mph??? I swear that's what it said on my Taranis... perhaps it's a related issue.. I thought that seemed faster than what I was seeing. 

81.BIN

This reply was deleted.

Activity