Replies

• Here is sort of a big picture. When I connect my Taranis to my computer via usb it shows up as two entities. Taranis and Taranis2... is this normal? On TARANIS it has the EPROM and FIRMWARE  the other Taranis2 has the SD card contents with all the items copied over . I copied my models to the models folder as well. And yet when I go to the telemetry page down to page1 it says there are no scripts.?? I don't understand why even with the SD card removed from the TX when turned on it still shows all my models ?? Sorry I know a lot of my problem is my lack of knowledge about how the Taranis all works.. You just make the Lua code I know. I'm just stuck don't know what to try next. 3702360112?profile=original

Paul Atherton said:

Richard, traveling to French alps at moment, but as passenger I can take a look at your messages. Your Google Drive link seems to contain the SD card contents for Opentx 2.2-rc10. The rc11 version of Opentx just came out, so would suggest you upgrade. This new version has a new SD card download v6 so you will need this instead of the v5 version you have in Google Drive. Next you need to read the wiki which details what additional files from the project you need to add to the SD card contents. I provide replacement voice files for Opentx 2.2 in either the Available or Samantha voices (I find Ava to be the best one, and much nicer voice than the one provided in the OpenTx voice pack). Additionally, I provide voice files required for the telemetry project. The two choices are for either Ardupilot 3.2 or 3.3 (and newer). Again both available in either Ava or Samantha voice. You need to choose the correct version for your ardupilot version and add the required TELEM folder to the SD card SOUNDS/en folder you already copied. If you can tell me your version details for both Opentx and ardupilot, then I can put together the files you need in the Google Drive.
  • French alps… nice!!

Paul.. I am running ardupilot copter 3.4rc6  and ardupilot plane 3.7.1   and open tx 2.1.9
    If you could look at my google sd card link and put the contents together with the Ava voice files and correct Lua that would be awesome!!! I think my problem is either A- I don’t have the correct sd card contents Or B in the wrong folder/s. I understand some things might not work %100 with ardupilot plane?? But that’s okay I understand your primary development is for copter. 
    Thanks!

Paul Atherton said:

Richard, traveling to French alps at moment, but as passenger I can take a look at your messages. Your Google Drive link seems to contain the SD card contents for Opentx 2.2-rc10. The rc11 version of Opentx just came out, so would suggest you upgrade. This new version has a new SD card download v6 so you will need this instead of the v5 version you have in Google Drive. Next you need to read the wiki which details what additional files from the project you need to add to the SD card contents. I provide replacement voice files for Opentx 2.2 in either the Available or Samantha voices (I find Ava to be the best one, and much nicer voice than the one provided in the OpenTx voice pack). Additionally, I provide voice files required for the telemetry project. The two choices are for either Ardupilot 3.2 or 3.3 (and newer). Again both available in either Ava or Samantha voice. You need to choose the correct version for your ardupilot version and add the required TELEM folder to the SD card SOUNDS/en folder you already copied. If you can tell me your version details for both Opentx and ardupilot, then I can put together the files you need in the Google Drive.
  • Richard, traveling to French alps at moment, but as passenger I can take a look at your messages. Your Google Drive link seems to contain the SD card contents for Opentx 2.2-rc10. The rc11 version of Opentx just came out, so would suggest you upgrade. This new version has a new SD card download v6 so you will need this instead of the v5 version you have in Google Drive. Next you need to read the wiki which details what additional files from the project you need to add to the SD card contents. I provide replacement voice files for Opentx 2.2 in either the Available or Samantha voices (I find Ava to be the best one, and much nicer voice than the one provided in the OpenTx voice pack). Additionally, I provide voice files required for the telemetry project. The two choices are for either Ardupilot 3.2 or 3.3 (and newer). Again both available in either Ava or Samantha voice. You need to choose the correct version for your ardupilot version and add the required TELEM folder to the SD card SOUNDS/en folder you already copied. If you can tell me your version details for both Opentx and ardupilot, then I can put together the files you need in the Google Drive.
  • 3702360028?profile=originalI don't get it... 

Paul Atherton said:

Awesome - you're definiteky getting there now! Don't forget that you really need to do the sensor discovery on the Taranis directly (rather than adding it all manually in Companion then downloading to the Taranis). The wiki explains it all here: https://github.com/athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.2.-FrSky-Tara...

Richard Kennedy said:

I do see this now in the bottom of the telemetry page...

• 3702359726?profile=original

Paul Atherton said:

Awesome - you're definiteky getting there now! Don't forget that you really need to do the sensor discovery on the Taranis directly (rather than adding it all manually in Companion then downloading to the Taranis). The wiki explains it all here: https://github.com/athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.2.-FrSky-Tara...

Richard Kennedy said:

• Here's an exact copy of my SD card. If it needs edited feel free!! I think I set it up with google drive so anybody can edit it. I just don't have clue what the problem is. Sorry I know your busy working on 2.2 dev compatibility 
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3MgBBZGOf88WTI0WTVLdEl3SFU

Paul Atherton said:

Richard Kennedy said:

• I go to Telemetry... discover sensors. Works fine I can see the data fields populate with imfo.. I scroll down to screen 1 and and hit enter and all that shows up is 'None' like it can't find 'Main'... grrr!!! I know it's something stupid I'm doing but I don't know what it is :[ 3702360070?profile=original

Paul Atherton said:

Richard Kennedy said:

• This is what I get even after I install all the stuff on the SD card..  Did you notice that pic I posted above showing when I connect the TX via the usb it shows up as TWO Tarnis's?? Is that normal? any thoughts? Thanks Paul! 3702359857?profile=original

Paul Atherton said:

Richard Kennedy said:

• Hi Paul,

Thank you for supporting. 

On my second drone (Pixhawk 2.1, AC 3.4.5) I connected Teensy with TX wire to Telem2 and everything works good. I see and hear messages on my Taranis without connecting to Mission Planner. All messages are correct - about compass calibration, FS setting, etc.

On my first drone I can get these messages only after connecting to Mission Planner via 3DR modem. Teensy connected only with RX. May be it is a kind of magic ? :)
    Anyway, I can live with it. 
    Next week I going to do some upgrade on my first drone and will play with Teensy connections again. 

Regards, Kirill

Paul Atherton said:

Kirill, I only just spotted your reply here - sorry for the delay in my response. I don't think the Inverted output on your telem4 port would work for the teensy sorry.

• Awesome - you're definiteky getting there now! Don't forget that you really need to do the sensor discovery on the Taranis directly (rather than adding it all manually in Companion then downloading to the Taranis). The wiki explains it all here: https://github.com/athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.2.-FrSky-Tara...

Richard Kennedy said:

athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    APM MavLink to FrSky S.Port converter. Contribute to athertop/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
This reply was deleted.

Activity