Replies

• Really, that's good news. 

What is the file name for the new PPM encode FW, I could not see it on your file page just now ??

Martin

• hi,

after some work on teensy code and lua scripts i will share my first version here. it is available at https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort  default branch is s-c-l-v-rc. changes on teensy code are located in MavLink_FrSkySPort and Taranis Lua scripts and sounds are located in Lua_Telemetry.

The main focus of this script and teensy modification is the exact monitoring of the flight battery capacity, voltage and cell status. The consumption in mA / h and watt-hours can be calibrated on a separate model script.

the script need no special settings on taranis to work. flightmodes will displayed on lcd&&Audio Message by reported flight mode from mavlink.

the radar on the left side works different to other heading arrows. the arrow can move around to display the position relative to home. and it can rotate to display the heading relative to home.

this mod works with opentx >=2.0.12. tested up to nightly builds 2.0.13  http://jenkins.open-tx.org/nightly-20/11_15_2014/

greetings and hopefully this is usefully

wolke

simulator screen shot. values are incorrect.

teensy mod:

wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort where we work together on this. Please d…
    • Como instalo ESO en mi taranis, ya hise lo de las resitencias para mi 3S Pero lo del la radio no se como hacerlo, me sale la  misma pantalla de antes con unas pocas modificaciones. Copie las Carpetas Que subio en la SD, sin ver la lipo en la radio logro mi.

• Great job !

I have installed it on my taranis, but I would remove the single_cell fonctions as I will not make the teensy mod whith the resistors : will it be enough to comment the line 87 in MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino :

// #define USE_SINGLE_CELL_MONITOR ?

And I don't understand how to get the battery capacity in Wh ? I have a lipo 4S 5000 mAH...how many Wh sould it deliver ?

Last question : in the teensy mod schematic it is write "not connect the lipo-balancer gnd-line to the teensy board directly", but it's also write "this both GND must be the same" : so they must be connected ?

Thanks,

Ed

• you must comment line 87 and 88 in MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino

did your charger told you how many wh was chared into the battery. my charger give me this information.

you have three choices to get Wh infos of your battery.

1. Wh are printed on Battery
        2. calculate average battery Wh with this formula. averange cellvoltage * cells * capacity in Ah. example for 3s 8000mAh = 3,7x3x8 = 88,8 Wh
        3. discharge and charge the battery with your charger and use the Wh given by your charger to charge the battery from 3.3V per cell to full charge level. this is the best methode to get the real capacity of your battery.

GND

there a main reasons to leave the gnd line from lipo cell connector to teensy open. if you use two lipos in serial it can happens that you disconnect the main plug on the negativ side first. and if your ballancer plugs already connected to teensy in this case all current flow through this gnd line and through the whole electronic. the gnd line is not saved with an fuse.

in my case this happens and peace of luck  i only burn the teensy board and not my apm.

the teensy board get gnd from receiver which mostly is connected to apm/pixhawk. the gnd from lipo ballancer only is connected to the resistor network ground resisters. this make sure that no high current can flow to teensy. but if you also connect gnd from ballancer plug to teensy this dangerous loop is closed and an high amount of current can flow through the teensy and other electronic.

• Thanks for your answerd.

Great job again !

• Are the values important? I dont have any 1k2 resistors atm but 1k1, would those do?

Or just big enough difference is important so they would work then? :)

• important is only that voltage divider set teensy A0-An input voltage never higher than 3.3V. also you have to change/recalculate the dividers in https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/s-c-l-v-rc/Mav... line 194-199.

/g

wolke

This MavLink_FrSkySPort repository is discontinued! The development is moved to Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort where we work together on this. Please d…
        • Ahh ok, I get it! =)

Im using a 3S lipo, can I just skip a few resistors then, or does the code need modifications too?

• yes, you only need voltage dividers for s1-s3 and teensy inputs A0-A2. so you can reduce the network to six resistors, and if you want, you can set "#define MAXCELLS 6" to "#define MAXCELLS 3" in https://github.com/wolkstein/MavLink_FrSkySPort/blob/s-c-l-v-rc/Mav... line 91.

/g

wolke

This reply was deleted.

Activity