Replies

• Hector,

I see that you have also looked at this previous github https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort that transposed the original code to support the Teensy, and has began evolving and also includes telemetry scripts for the Taranis. 

I believe you could also add to the display on the radio side of the parameters.

In the meantime, sometime ago it was asked to the OpenTX devs about the possibility of adding generic telemetry fields that we (Mavlink telemetry) could use to send data we would see fit to other purposes. Perhaps we could ask again to the OpenTx devs if that would be possible?

brgds

luis

chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort
      Contribute to chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
      • Luis, do you know if this release corrects the loss of voltage and amps reporting in OpenTX >2.08?

• Hi

basically yes.

From OpenTX 2.06 onward the way that OpenTX expected to receive voltages changed, and the Teensy code has already been adapted to cope with that.

Check Christian's GitHub, where all the latest changes have been committed.

Currently, A2 has been repurposed to deliver HDop, the reasoning was that we have Voltage measurement already reported by Mavlink so having a additional analog measurement was "redundant".

• Brilliant, thanks for that.

After a bit of messing about, I now have the screens and data shown.

I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed to this amazing little expansion. I had my teensy ordered and programmed before the virtual ink had dried on Rolf's first post and although my own programming skills are zero, I've found the whole thread completely fascinating and easy to follow and I've learned so much.

Thank you all.

• hey mate yes and i seen your lua update great work there.

Opentx mavlink support would be great and i think they are working on something as i do remember reading something about a build -mavlink command on compile but havent spent more then 2 minutes reading about it yet so more research is needed but in theory i don't see why not at the very least as a quick hacky fix just edit the strings for the telemetry screen so ie "T1" would become "GPS" ect and maybe we can handle if its a float,char,int ect on the opentx side .

anything more could require custom firmware on the Rx as it is setup to request data from sensors with specific id's and that might be dealt with by the Rx , If its not then it can be done its just how much work.

Im keen to hear the OpenTX dev's thoughts on this matter 

• There are currently Mavlink compiling options on OpenTX just not to the Taranis, and the data available is limited to the standard telemetry values.

With the Lua scripting, I believe it becomes irrelevant what the fields are named :) We just want the telemetry data down so the generic telemetry fields to be sent down would solve a bunch of problems.

• ahhah Lua will solve naming and formatting :) , and yes i just did some research and it seems it would not be possible to send mavlink via s.port due to framing & speed issues, i could be wrong but maybe with custom firmware on the x8r receiver converting the "S.Port" pin into a standard serial rx then we could hook straight in and the opentx guys would have something to work with.

Need alot more research.

anyways im off to bed its very late an ive got work so goodnight all

• Ok, brilliant, thanks Hector. Much appreciated.

• Sorry, noob question. Where do I plug in to frsky d8r-xp ? 

2/RSSI? 

d8r-xp1.jpg?width=640

• Does the Blog topic help you?

"APM MavLink to FrSky X8R S.Port converter"

This reply was deleted.

Activity