Replies

• Thanks, I've implemented the byte-stuffing algorithm as you described it (I don't have the protocol specification). I did some quick testing and it seems to work, but please report if you find any abnormalities.

• Please check lines 315, 316. They do not actually do anything and seem like a typo.

• Thanks for the heads up

We've picked code that was working from the original author of this thread (Rolf) and tried to keep it going even when the battery issues came up.

I believe we could all contribute to a better solution, even regarding Matthias current development to have SPort native on PixHawk.

Luis

• Maybe I'm over thinking this but what but what is the directory and file structure supposed to be on the Taranis? I see "Model_Name" and "_modelname_". Whats the difference supposed to be, my model name is "3drx4"? Telemetry seems to be working but I'm not sure I have everything setup right.

Thanks in advance.

• I can't compile the code. The output error is: fatal error: AP_HAL.h: No such file
    or directory.

I have download and install Teensyduino 1.19.
    I have download the last version https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort.
    I open MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino on orduino soft and select board Teensy 3.1, compile and out error.

chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort
    Contribute to chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
    • go into file->preferences and set the sketchbook location to the directory where you put the github repo.

In my case it is:

C:\QuadCopter\MavToTaranis\GitHub\MavLink_FrSkySPort

relaunch the tools then got to

file->sketchbook->MavLink_FrSkySPort

Then select

Sketch-> Verify/Compile

• I copy library in Arduino folder and work fine. Thanks. At the end, open window with Teensy.

Thanks.

• Things to note are you need Arduino IDE 1.0.5 not later (so the PJRC site says), and make sure the library folder in the zip file is moved or copied to the library folder in the Arduino IDE app folder with the IDE's own libraries.

Also noted that to install Teensyduino properly you can't have Arduino IDE running in another window while installing it...

• Guys, I'm helping a friend to program up and cable a Teensy to do this task (mavlink to s.port). I've spent some time reading the thread and see it got quite a few code branches now. Since I have to program the Teensy and ship it off in the post back to my friend and want to avoid repeated postage back and forth, which is currently the most usable and reliable version/branch to give him ?

Martin

• Definitely this one:

https://github.com/chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort

It contains fixes for the newer taranis firmware, and also has some great telemetry screens.

chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort
      Contribute to chsw/MavLink_FrSkySPort development by creating an account on GitHub.
This reply was deleted.

Activity