Replies

• Thanks, Alan.  I had already done what you suggested but still no joy.  A1 = 4.75 and mode is D16 on Taranis.

Wiring is per instructions and I have solid orange LED on Teensy.  I do not have 3DR radio connected at this time.

• Re-flash the Taranis to the latest firmware.

Re-load the Teensie from the latest (V1.3) zip on this thread.

Check what is going back to Mission Planner via USB - GPS lock, voltages etc.

Sorry, that has about exhausted my knowledge of the subject. Don't give up.

• Help needed!

Installed MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip

Cut trace, applied power to Teensy 3.1, installed Teensyduino, etc.

When I upload MavLink_FrSkySPort from examples, I get the following error: 

MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino:47:25: fatal error: GCS_MAVLink.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

I can run other Teensy examples OK using Arduino IDE 1.0.5.  What am I missing?

• It is on the 6th page of the thread:

It's simple...do like this:

1. Download and extract the MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.2.zip file   (for example. to your desktop)

2. Open Arduino software and in  menu File/Preference change the sketchbook location to the place you extracted the .zip file, press Ok

3. Restart Arduino and in the menu File/Sketchbook  select  MavLink_SkySPort

4. Compile and transfer to Teensy

( You must have installed the Teensy extension for Arduino  http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html  )

• I think that the real problem is that I used the Arduino IDE to install the library.  I manually moved MavLink_SkySPort to the proper location and the error went away.

• @Rolf

Many thanks - I have now got the basic setup working with my 433 telemetry in parallel. What this means for me is that I can move on from mission based flights glued to the laptop to just flying around - this is backwards I know but I am a much better tech than pilot.

I will add the little snippets of code from the thread to expand the telemetry via my X8R and I am really interested in the LRS possibilities. I have a home made DTF UHF 1W TX and a couple of RX - not much opportunity for long range in Northern Germany but the tech is fascinating. Also many thanks to the contributors that have added to the quality of the thread.

Alan

• Hi all

great work on this converter.

Just a small question. I was looking at the source code for Arducopter and in there there's a provision to run user code (UserCode.pde).

In the case of the PixHawk that exposes Serial 4 and 5 wouldn't it be easier to have the code running inside the PixHawk and just connecting one of these serial ports to the X8R ?

Might be a dumb question, but I'm just starting at this....

Luis

• Answering  my own question, found on the NuttX source files an implementation of frsky telemetry output at the drivers/frsky_telemetry dir which at first sight appears to output to a serial port the telemetry data already packaged for the frsky. It appears it is started by command line with an argument defining the output uart.

• More info here

http://pixhawk.org/peripherals/telemetry/frsky

• Hi Luis,

I believe the frsky_telemetry app built into the PX4 firmware is for the old FrSky hub protocol, not the new SmartPort protocol. 

I was thinking about adding a new app for the SmartPort protocol as the software wouldn't be too difficult using the existing apps as a template. But I believe the problem is the UART on the Pixhawk doesn't support the inverted serial needed for the SmartPort protocol. I haven't had a chance to look into this further though.

This reply was deleted.

Activity