Replies

• Thanks. I downloaded the sketch to the Teensy (did the libraries and Teensy add-on stuff). 

Not sure if the Teensy took the code though as the upload happens in an eye blink compared to something into a Mini or Micro Arduino. Is there a way to verify the upload other than cable it up and try it ?

Martin

• Proceeded to cable it up and it seems alive. Flashes amber LED when powered by the X8R, solid On LED when APM Telem side cable is plugged in.

However I only get A1 reading so far (via the RX I guess) and no other telemetry values as yet from the APM.  

• If everything is working, the LED comes on and blinks slowly amber on power up.  It goes solid after the board finished booting, then begins blinking rapidly when the telemetry data is flowing.  Think blinky ethernet activity led while you are transferring a large file.  

I would double check the APM telemetry connection.

• Checking...

• OK sorted it. After checking cabling again, and checking signals with a CRO (had Mavlink data, had data on the S.port line), I realised I'd put the output plug into SBus not S.port. Once swapped then the Teensy Led flickered rapidly. Changing it to S.port seems to help :)

However I still didn't have data on the Taranis tele displays (except A1 voltage from the RX). 

What it took was changing the TX mode in Taranis to D16 instead of D8 that I'd set it too first (and rebind). Then all data displayed as expected.

So it seems that selecting D16 mode is required on the X8R (I use D8 on my own copter with D8R just fine).

So, my issues were:

Wrong port on RX used

Wrong TX mode type selected in Taranis

The other concern was not being confident that the Teensy took the upload correctly and not knowing the expected Led behaviour. 

Now I can post the Teensy back to it's owner.

Thanks,

Martin

• Another comment.

Could the Teensy flash the Led with a code (triple flash etc) when the S.port data is not present/correct. Would help sort the 'wrong port' issue for new users.

Could be:

Bootup - Single flashes

Missing Mavlink data - Double flash repeated

Missing S.port data - Triple flashe repeated

Missing Mavlink and S.port data - On solid

• Forgive me for posting this request here, but I am a Teensy 3.1 user and have used this project for several months now. Seeing how the devs on this projects git repo are making some great LUA scripts I thought it would somewhat fit.

I am looking for a LUA script that can take distance traveled data received by a Taranis using this project, and send to the Rx/APM/PixHawk a manual camera trigger event based on distance. I am aware and have used cam_trig_dist in missions on both my APM and Pix, as well as manual triggering via RC Tx. The devs for Pix/APM state they are not working on being able to manually start cam_trig_dist event via Tx as it would require too much rewriting of existing code.

Intervalometer scripts are ok and have worked, but none of the ones that I have allow me to start and stop the script via my Tx, and I am a fan of triggering by distance anyway.

• If this works then I will replace the switch with a dpst switch with center and one position stable and another position momentary. Have center be off, down for trigger by distance, and momentary up for single shot manual trigger.
      • I'm not sure, but I believe you could do without replacing the switch. You can program various Logical Switches to behave like you want regarding the control of CH7. With some Special Functions attached to those Logical Switches the voice prompting would tell you what is happening.

Or then using the SH switch by varying the time it is held down to switch the camera modes.

On RCGroups there's a gentleman (scott page) who knows a lot about the OpenTX/Taranis programming. He is a valuable (and knowledgeable) person on this matter. And "approachable" :)

• Thank I will look into this and contact him.
This reply was deleted.

Activity