Replies

• I kind of killed my teensy when doing something wrong on the network and redid it just nu, can you instruct me how to see if all good?  Measurements to make etc? :)

Say Cell1 lines on the network has a certain resistance in the end etc?

• All ok again, found an error in my network though, but I am afraid to hook it up now :P

Is there a certain order to connect? Lipo main first, then balanceplug? Or doesnt matter?

And I should have a common ground using a single battery yes? :)

• to connect:

Lipo main first, then balancer plug.

to disconnect:

balance plug first then main plug.

this is more save. but i also leave the balancer plugs connected while the main plugs open. no problems. important is that you do not connect the lipo balancer plug gnd to the teensy or other parts. in my case and in my first version of network i do this. because i use two lipos in series and because disconnecting lipo main plug on gnd side first, all current run through the teensy and x8r and apm. because i connected lipo balancer gnd to teensy analog reverence pin only the teensy burned:).but that is why i deny to connect the lipo balancer gnd to other parts than the resistor network. else, it is possible to build a dangerous gnd line/loop.

• All up and running now with the occasional Telem1; script syntax error   and getting no telemetry whatsoever.  What could be the issue?  I swith modes etc and nothing happens on the lcd of the taranis. Full gps-lock etc yet no response.

What am I missing? :)

1. switch to telemetry screen before you power the model. than the occasional Telem1; script syntax error never happens. this is a workaround.
                2. in MavLink_FrSkySPort.ino line 224 "_MavLinkSerial.begin(57600);" baud-rate settings are default at 57600. is this corresponding with your flight controller mavlink baud-rate?
                3. did you connect teensy rx2&tx2. if you use for example also an 3dr radio, it make more sense not connecting teensy tx2.
                4. did you setup your taranis correctly. in model-setup internal rf mode must be "D16"

• all should be setup correctly. Using a CX-20 with apm in it, but telemetry works with it so this should work. Is it serial baudrate 1 or 2 that needs to be 57600 btw?

Other than that, no extra radio etc. TX/RX 2 connected, D16 mode on taranis etc.

APM-planner says Serial baudrate 1 = 57600 and serial baudrate 2 cant be changed from 1600.  But the port available should be the 1.

As seen on this Picture, no odd pins, just the ones needed. So this is a mystery, plenty using this for regular telemetry, so it should work. Anything else that can cause issues?  Slowly flashing led on the teensy so something there is odd?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jlnaudin/x-VTOLdrone/master/image...

• Finally got all working, had to make some smaller "mods" since the OEM-APM I have doesnt work as original APM :)

But to the issues, HDOP is very odd, fluctuating between some values far from correct. APM says 1.5 and taranis goes between 7-8 :)

• if the teensy led is flashing slowly no mavlink data is received. please only connect the telemetry TX pin from your flieghtcontroller to the RX2 pin on teensy. and do not connect the teensy TX2 to the flightcontroller telemetry RX pin. this is not needed because you only receive mavlink with the teensy.

• Great work Wolke

At the moment I'm still waiting for more detailed info on the telemetry refactoring that is planned and already partially implemented for OpenTX 2.1

From what I've seen the changes are profound and will impact severely on this project at its current form, specially the Teensy code.

As you know in the meantime I'm also after some bugs on the OpenTX, but it's a separate issue.

br

luis

This reply was deleted.

Activity