Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 308117

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok, as I mentioned I am working on displaying mavlink on taranis, but using telemetry channel of a openLrsNg dtf ufh Tx/Rx modules instead of the x8r/x6r. I was able to successfully receive data on teensy attached to the telemetry port of the ground module, however I cannot get this data on taranis. (in fact, I am able to connect to my apm with MP connected to the same Tx telemetry port) I suspect that the #define _FrSkySPort_BAUD  57600 needs to be much lower, but I do not know exactly what baud is Taranis expecting as well as if this is the true reason of the problem. I wold really appreciate if someone who has an idea about how s.port on taranis operates would point me in a right direction.  

Hi

I believe your better option is to have a look at the Taranis sources on GiHub, specifically the telemetry related ones. The baud rate of 57600 for Sport is defined at frisky.h. You could also look at various implementations for displaying both ArduPilot and Mavlink on radios other than the Taranis.

I'm still looking at the new Taranis OpenTX 2 firmware, but for now everything mentioned in this thread is working. Even the flight modes can be "advertised" by voice prompts, because of the new Taranis Custom switch function of a=x.....

Hi

Sorry, but I fail to see the need for a GPS only connected to the Taranis telemetry that would only report current position. A GPS connected to the PixHawk can be actively used and also report position back to the radio.

Yes, I got both, flight modes and hdop value. I am using T2 for flight mods and fuel for hdop. Unfortunatelly what I am trying to achieve is not as simple as changing baud rate. As I was informed s.port on taranis is only unidirectional atm, however s.port on x8r is bidirectional and actually polls the data from teensy or the sensors and than sends that data in a specific way to the taranis via RF.

I just gave a quick look at the sport frsky sources for OpenTX (the best i found) and don't see how it could be bidi. Perhaps the initial packet that has to be sent to sport (by the sensors, or in this case by the Teensy) to activate telemetry streaming could be considered bidi??

A reference to the bidi nature of Sport here, but not concrete: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3089#p60298

This is exactly what I was refering to s.port on taranis is uni and s.port on x8r is bidi

What did you change to get it working? I have done the same as you described above (APR 29 10.06) and have got the same error as you reported.

Hi,

Have you make some tests since the OpenTX 2.0.1 is release ?

Because after this upgrade, the telemtry is dead :(

I tested workes just like in the beginning! Taranis B batch maufactured for HK in November2013 runnin openTX 2.0.1

Hi,

I just tested the OpenTX 2.0.1 yesterday and telemetry  was working as expected.  I took advantage of a=x operator and Taranis is saying out the flight modes now.

I would conclude that the problem must somewhere else.

Ok, I will make some new test.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service