Hi all,

I just bought an FrSky Taranis for my quad copter and needed to get the Mavlink data up on the Taranis LCD telemetry display. So here is my solution using a Teensy3.1 as a converter between MavLink and the S.Port on FrSky X8R.

See attached file below...

Views: 305813

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I figured it out. For some reason 7zip was creating a separate folder in the file for FrSkySPort and putting theFrSkySPort.ino in there. It still does that every time I extract the files. weird. I found an older version that extracted correctly here

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/how-to-get-apm-pixhawk-telemetr...

then I noticed the difference in the files and just moved it where it should be.

Just finished porting this for use with the software serial lib, so we can use it with prominis / anything without a extra serial ports or any arduino as there hardware ports don't support inverting . i did it this way as i didn't have a Teensy3.1 lying around and by the time i ordered one i knew i could get it working on a arduino.

i could wrap it up so it checked what hardware it was running on and use software serial if its on a atmel chip or hardware if its a teensy and you could merge it if you liked , also added gps hdop /100 to get the real numbers.

will upload soon just doing final checks but all looks good so far :)

And here it is https://github.com/rotcehdnih/Mavlink2Frsky

Or attached to this post

Now you can use any old arduino like a promini for example i use a "leostick" 

I also added the tone library to play RTTL songs on arm & disarm but stripped it for this release but can add it as a branch if anyone asks

Attachments:

Hector, great job and much appreciated!  I've also got prominis sitting around.

It would be interesting to hear the the sounds on arm and disarm.  Please add it as a branch.

Also, I'm having a hard time understanding the wiring connections.  Could you clarify the connections to the APM and to the S.Port?

Thanks!

Mark

Sure can mate , have to head out for a family lunch so will post some more detailed pictures ect later tonight but the basics are Tx from your apms telemetry cable goes to RX or digital pin 0 on the promini with a common ground then pin 9 is the S.Port data line , Vin "5 volts" & a common ground is also on the S.Port connector.

i'll be sure to make this a lot clearer tonight and ill add that branch up aswell :)

Great contribution !

Uploading Tone version now

RTTL Version Here

https://github.com/rotcehdnih/Mavlink2Frsky/tree/mavTone

Will upload a video soon meanwhile here's how to connect it

Great port Hector!

I assume this is the 5v pro mini?

Has anyone made this useable for Imperial units yet?  I'm not very good at any of this code stuff yet but would really like to see everything in feet instead of meters plus the 3d sat count and fix is all garbled.  I must say a HUGE THANK YOU to all that have helped with this project.

Hector, please advise if this will work without telemetry modules, as I do not see a way for it to request mavlink from apm/pixhawk.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service