Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• all is working now. got 13 and it runs GREAT on Pipo S2 8" Android Tablet !

I see my home loc ok and the 3 waypoints I loaded into the APM 2.5 !

This is GREAT !!!

I may try my hand at the programming as I now have a git account. I helped on the APM in the early days and wrote the firmware to see mavlink data on the LCD on the Er9x R/C TX. If yoy have one hold the DN button for 1 sec. It gets data from 3dr radio in the R/C TX.

Earl

• The change baud rate in "USB Serial Monitor Lite.apk" ...maybe cause its the lite ?

Also the git on 13 says 404 from git.

Earl

• Developer

Update: 1/26/13 New alpha released - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  Thank you to the kind folks who sent tlog files from vehicles that didn't work, try this release - it should be better...

# 0.1.13

* Support GPS_RAW_INT - makes copters work
    * Fix race condition with USB notification on some devices
    * Replace the bum 0.1.12 release with something that doesn't crash

# 0.1.12
    * Fix crash when no waypoints were on the target (auto bug report from China)
    * Allow adjusting serial link baud rates
    * support of direct APM connection
    * FIXME: parameter display/editing not quite ready
    * RTS/CTS flow control for the telemetry link
    * Fix crash that could occur the first time a device was ever connected
    * Ask for more stream types (so we work with arducopter)
    * Add outbound UDP gateway support (see settings menu - for now you need to unplug/replug serial port if you change settings)

• Developer

Actually - I think I need to recall version 0.1.12.  Please stay with 0.1.11 (or downgrade if you already upgraded)

• I can confirm that 12 runs on HTC DNA with OTG adapter and 3DR radio. No crash, though I'm not certain what I should be able to do at this point. :)

• I found a way to make 12 work. No usb then run program then plug in usb. Goes to my location and puts a home marker. Other things work also. I can change alt and stuff. I must have got the serial to work !

Earl

• great Kiven, I cant find how to change baud rate in usb serial monitor program. I am sure it is there.

Earl

• Kevin, one, two words to UDB

If i got it right, the app has now a second functionality, acting also as bridge (receive data form telemtry-kit and route them to an udp-port). In this case e.g. the map is not needed, correct?

telemtry -linked- android-mobile -air- wlan/udp -air- notebook/MP or android-tablet

In this case is the android-mobile acting as udp-server or udp-client?

thanx.

• 12 crashes for me won't run.... 11 works

Earl

Thanks Kevin! I'm glad you are persistent!

An update to my presumption that radio ECC was an issue for anyone following along- ECC is not a problem and should remain enabled. I was led astray by full functionality being provided after MP had started telemetry streams before connecting to my Android device. Kevin is adding the required stream request to fix this.

Good work!

This reply was deleted.

Activity