Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ... at first, i was testing my xperia P just for the use as an UDP input receiver. After reading the post of earl (thanks for sharing) about usb2serial, i was wondering which android phones support USB Hosts ... (wow, for me as a xperia user), the xperia line-up should/could do the job ... and better, some of them support USB Host since Gingerbread 2.3.4, because sony added a "LiveDock" functionality, which needs USB-Host ... so old xperia phones with this capability could work (connect a mouse to the OTG-cable, if you can use it, you should be fine)

Bad luck for me, i don*t see my setup for the next couple of days ...

... @earl, @kevin:

With an "USB to UART" adapter, we could do a hardwire connection to the serial pins on the APM board, yes? Is Andropilot ready for this? Thanx.

• Developer

Hi ya'll,

If your phone/tablet works with this device (or if it doesn't) please add it to the following newly created wiki page (it will help your other DIY cohorts):

https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki/Device-compatibility

• Mister Hester, i was about to buy me a new computer to use with my APM's. Now i'm looking for a tablet. Great project! I have the Samsung SII phone, but there's a bad antenna on it so i just have to buy another one. Is there a list of devices, tablets and phones working so far in somewhere?

Jorn

• Hi Kevin, thanks for yuor time and work, really interesting to go outside without laptop etc.

I try to download tour app but it says my tablet isn't compatible and don't go on.

My tablet is China made, but is new, with standard features and with Android 4.1,  

What can I try to install andrupilot?

Thanks.

Mike.

• Developer

Hi Kevin, thanks for your fantastic app, i hope in a future improvement for "follow me" function with the built in gps and other thing like this one in AutoQuad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5A2Se8pcbYc

Marco

• please could you add in the near futur bluethoot compatibility?

• T3

Very good job!!!

it works almost perfect on a motorola xoom wifi EU(ver. 4.x.x) unrooted. 3DR 900 module.

It connects immediately, but it disconnect if i try to veiw the menu.

Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries to change mode.

Rotation and logging are fine!  

I couldnt connect with my RFD900-FTDI to USB. Maybe because it was set at 1watt and it was to much for the usb to handle.I will try again tonight. 

I cant wait, for:

-instant button for RTL

-map prefetch

-instruments-HUD

-Solid connection if by mistake i go to menu.

-basic mission planning

well done Kevin! and offcourse everybody involved and helped!

I will be happy to help with tests you may have. 

Thanks you,

James

• I see now. Tap on plane or a waypoint.

Would like to see setting for metric or ft and mph

Earl

• no parameter display or editing or I don't know how to activate.

Earl

• Kevin,

Looking good. 14 works on my system....no set parameters tho..except baud and logging. I vote you call this 2.0 beta !

Earl

This reply was deleted.

Activity