Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi!

I have tested Your app With my VRBRAIN Controller made by Roberto Navoni from http://virtualrobotix.com, and all Works fine.

My setup:

- VRBRAIN Controller (runs a 32 bit port of ArduCopter v2.9 on a STM32F4)
    - USB OTG adapter
    - Google Nexus 7 Tablet
    - 3DR telemetry radio kit (433Mhz)

3692615922?profile=original

Great work Kevin!

• I tested the app with my crius v1 with megapirate, It doesnt recognize the correct flight modes, it switches from stabilize to alt hold and back to stabilize no matter what position I switch it too. And the altitude also is way off compared to the apm planner.

Other than that, great app.

• Some feedback from flying waypoints yesterday with 0.1.35; Android 4.1.2; Galaxy S3LTE
    -It was great being able to do this with just a phone!
    -The screens are all fullscreen so when I swipe I only see one at a time (Map, Overview, HUD etc)
    -Not all paramaters displayed. Still "param with index not supported" errors/warnings when updating parameters screen.
    -To see updated parameters I need to swipe all the way to the map screen, then back again.
    -Moving a waypoint while it is flying towards it doesn't have any effect. I think this is probably the same in MP due to the way waypoints are handled in APM.
    -The Geofence? blue circle wasn't centered near my home location. About 1km away. Previously it also moved around, but didn't check that yesterday as it was off screen.

My previous concern about waypoint accuracy was due to me using a different quad that wasn't levelled properly. Combined with slow waypoint speed parameter it was drifting.

Very useful app!
  • Just an FYI - Version 1 of the BETA Users Guide is up on the Wiki Section of the Andropilot Github. You can review it here. I will be updating it regularly as a DIY contributor and please send me your adds, changes etc...as well as any suggestions to improve it over time. Its a work in progress but hopefully it will give a good overview for the new user, but to be honest the application is pretty self explanatory for us APM users ;) 

Link here to the Andropilot Users Guide.

Peter

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late response.

I have on my Samsung tablet a firmware update turned to 4.0.4.

Now he sees the XBee.

Now you may experience the following problem: There is a high power USB device connected.Could not working.

So now I'll have to go feed my XBee apart.

Hans

• Hi Kevin,

This looks like fantastic work and we can't wait to start using it, but somehow I was not yet able to get any reponse yet.

I do not have an APM but another MavLink autopilot so that is probably the reason. I'm sending mavlink1.0 heartbeat, attitude, sys_status, global_position_int, param_value_pack at 1Hz, either over UDP:14550 or over FTDI232 cable@57600. 

When I connect it to QGroundcontrol or APM Planner Mav 1.0 I get position and attitude shown both with the UDP and serial connection. 

When I connect AndroPilot (tried 0.1.10 and 0.1.28 to 0.1.35) on an Android 4.2 Samsung Nexus, I apparently get data since the logfile is not empty (included below) but the screen shows nothing. Moreover, in UDP mode the autopilot receives heartbeats from the phone: sysid=253. When I connect the FTDI cable, I see a message: 3DR Telemetry Connected. When unplugging the FTDI, it used to freeze+autoreboot the phone but 0.1.35 does not have that anymore. (I often can not close the app with the Back key though)

Any wild guess what might be going on? Or can you point me to the code where mavlink messages are being parsed? Is there some infinite while loop somewhere (getting parameters/waypoints which I don't have) or something like that?

2013-02-08_09-34-03.tlog

Screenshot_2013-02-04-16-46-14.png

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692614582?profile=original
  • Flew 0.1.34 yesterday.

Fantastic, just great, need to google for more supernatives.

I got sometime yellow plane due to RSSI (no using it)  - is setting RSSI alarm to 0 a correct way to disable this warning ?

More suggestions which the MP doesn't have yet:

announce and display a failsafe condition,

announce arming and disarming.

• Developer

Update: 2/7/13 Minor update - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  

# 0.1.35
    * Add settings option to control # of meter change needed for voice announcement (actually this was in 0.34)
    * Shorten some mode names so they sound better
    * Make usb host mode optional (so folks can use UDP on non host mode devices)
    * Fix overview layout so it will look good on more devices 
    * Add preferences option to automatically back-up parameters to the SD card

For next release:
    * Use new icons
    * Do something to allow waypoint list selection with action bar ( http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3111354/android-listview-stay-se... )
    * Show heartbeat lost on the overview screen
    * FIXME: add waypoint change type (via menu dropdown)
    * FIXME: make a website
    * Change waypoint icons as appropriate...
    * FIXME: Use a state machine to ensure we don't get confused if someone moves a waypoint while we are busy uploading new waypoints
    * Clean up package namespace
    * Show docs on parameter names (if possible)
    * Handle the 'unusual' waypoint representations - look at mavproxy code for clues
    * Use the following tip for sw testing: https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/commit/deb825b57583a4dd0fb84...

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Developer

A request:

In the next release I'd like to include a wiki based user's manual.  Are any of you willing to spend a bit of time making the beginnings of such a document?  If you are - your creative effort would be appreciated here:

https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki

You have free reign to make this page what you want it to be.  I'll happily add credits in the app. ;-)

geeksville/arduleader
This reply was deleted.

Activity