Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_...

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

• Great project, been quietly watching for a while. I was wondering if you have plans to implement a "look at me" function. similar to what the mission planner has in the form of "look at point"  but instead of the cameras being guided to a point selected on the map, the camera should point at the mobile phones location. Would be really useful to leave the quad hovering in one place while the camera follows me...

Thanks for all the hard work...was dead excited to see the follow me function added..

• Developer

# 1.0.00
    * Make lead-it/follow-me more responsive
    * Auto turn-off follow-me if the mode is changed by someone else
    * Make lead-it not a checkbox, rather just change to some other mode to stop following

• Developer

Update: 2/18/13 I'm really interested in tester-feedback on the new lead-it feature - You can download a binary from github.  Or wait a few hours and it will be up on the play store.  

# 0.2.01
    * 'Lead-it' mode now ready for testing. Like follow-me, but if you rotate the vehicle will stay in front (or behind you), if you tilt tablet fore and back it will move close or away. To use this mode, go to settings and set the min and max vehicle distance. Then hold screen in portrait orientation and click the 'lead-it' menu item.
    * Add support for the new 2.69 arduplane 'training' mode
    * We now show parameter docs on the parameter list

3692625440?profile=original

geeksville/arduleader
    An android ground controller (and other things) for Mavlink/Arduplane - geeksville/arduleader
  • Thanks Kevin. I've discovered why i was confused. In the play store on my tablet it shows the latest release notes first - so the version number was the one previous, since the new release notes aren't up yet.

So all good. Then i went to the field.....

Muuuahahahahaha.

This was with a quad that doen't loiter very well or anything really, I deliberately have the APM at a funny angle for testing something I'm working on, one prop was purposefully very out of balance. Still brilliant. I'm still grinning. With a decent quad and the intertial nav enabled this should be totally mind blowing.

My only feature request so far it that the 'follow me' request doesn't override other mode changes.

Reason being, when i wanted to land i put the tablet down, flicked my mode switch on the TX, it went to stabilise, then the tablet over rode that with a 'guided' as it went back to follow me. THat made for an interesting landing!

Of course i should have unclicked 'follow me', first but it would be nice if it was a mode - rather than an over-ruling instruction.

Gotta say though it's staggeringly good already! Well done!

Now how do i hack a ublox into my galaxy tab....?

• Would it be possible to send up a driod attached to the plane running this app, and have it stream back mavlink over the cellular data plan back to mission planner using the udp/tcp connection? Bascially a dronecell, gosh this and skype would be perfect!
  • Can you add support for a direct bluetooth connection?
    I've added a bluetooth serial module to my AMP telemetry port (and its working with the APM planner)
    And I really would like to use it in the field with my phone that doesn't support USB host mode.

• T3

Just a question. What happens if you are using this with a phone and you get a phone call mid-flight?

• Great work! I still don't have all hardware needed to run this app with APM connection, can't wait to test it real.

One (maybe silly) feature came in my mind.

I like to see some sort of "Safe" or "Locked" user mode with password or similar, where app is only working like telemetry receiver without transmitting anything "crucial" which can disturb flight. I've had sometimes situation where i'm flying quad and wanted to give ground station or telemetry receiver to anyone hands who is intrested looking map position/altitude/speed or what ever, without fear that she/he could do anything harm like change modes or pids.

What you think is this needed?

Regards Jani

• Developer

A question for ya'll: Has anyone seen a bug that would make this app unsuitable for use as your 'primary' app out at the field?  I ask this question because I want to test if the app can now be called 1.0 (rather than beta).

I'm not trying to replicate the full functionality of Mission Planner and it's ilk, but I would like to check if the functions you need out at a site have been addressed?

This reply was deleted.

Activity