I am recieving my APM 2.0 sometime this week I think, so I went to look for an xbee kit.  I am new to using xbee, and I wanted to get the turn key kit from DIY drones from here-->

http://store.diydrones.com/Xbee_Telemetry_kit_p/kt-telemetry-xbee.htm

And when I try to order I get the dreaded no stock error.:(

Out of (Xbee paired modules for kit (RPSMA connector + wire antenna modules!))

I emailed sales asking if it would be available this was the reply below.

"The Xbee Telemetry Kit will not be available until further notice as it is missing the Xbee Paired Modules. You may find them at Sparkfun, the XBee Pro 900 Wire Antenna and the XBee Pro 900 RPSMA, and purchase the other items of the kit separately. If by any chance you are not able to find the XBee Pro 900 RPSMA, you can purchase (2) XBee Pro 900 Wire Antenna as the output of the signal is what only changes. "

Question ONE wouldn't that severely limt my range if I did it this way?? Or am I missing something?

Sparkfun is out of the Pro 900 RPSMA.  But I think I found them here

http://store.digi.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1238

Is this the right part?  I read the roll your own xbee in the manual, but it was greek to me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The only difference it the type of antenna or connector. RPSMA is a reverse polarity sma connector.  The rubber duck antennas screw on to them so you will have to get one of those too. That one for $42 is a good deal. Since you posted a link to it here they may sell out, get one quick ;)  There is a big shortage of these units due to the factory in Ti land being out of commission from the massive flooding they had over there. usually the wire antenna is used on the aircraft and the RPSMA(rubber duck) is used on the GS. You don't want that big heavy ducky dragging on you plane. They can easily be converted if you are reasonably good at soldering. Spark fun has the RPSMA connectors for a few bucks. Remember this, never power up a transmitter with out an antenna connected or you risk burning it out.

• I got the Xbee 900 Mhz boards from Digi. They are great with customer service. They called me for the purchase that worked terrific prior with the base modules with sparkfun and the Jdrones store boards.

This reply was deleted.

Activity