Hey everyone, I just received a Arducopter kit w/ full electronics, assembled it, everything is connected, installed MP, loaded driver, loaded 2.8.1 firmware. Problem I am getting is I cannot get Mission Planner to recognize the compass, doesnt work in Flight Data. Also the console reads No dataflash inserted Compass Init Error. Attached are two screenshot I hope helps troubleshoot this. I hope the board isnt DOA.. The APM 2.5 came assembled in the case, but was missing 3 of 4 screws and the rubber reset button, bit surprised with this... Anyways, looking forward to any and all suggestions on getting this up and running. I am stationed in Japan and would like to see about troubleshooting this before sending it back to the vendor. Long mail times :P Thanks!
Thanks you a lot I also found this problem on my brand new APM2.5.2! I will tried to change this IC regulator.
how did you fix this! Can you help me?
I also had the symptoms with no voltage from the regulator.
1. I read the voltage across the output (0Vdc)
2. I removed the regulator (it wasn't easy with my tools)
3. Borrowed a Power Supply [PS] from work
4. Soldered '+' wire from PS to pad corresponding to the '+' output of the regulator
5. Soldered '-' wire from PS to pad corresponding to the '-' output of the regulator (any board ground would probably work)
6. Plugged board into computer USB & verified that the problems were the same as before
7. Disconnected board in Mavlink (still physically plugged in)
8. Enabled PS
9. Re-connected board in Mavlink
10. Verified CORRECT operation of both GPS and compass
11. Ordered free sample of the TPS79133 from Texas instruments (had to create 'legitimate' account)
12. I am now waiting for the part to arrive - but I believe I have identified the root cause
//I took this route because I was not about to splurge a bunch of money for a new board!