After many long months I have finally gotten my quad up and running. After a successful test flight with stock PIDs, I decided to give the Auto Trim a go. Set everything up, and got up in the air. Maybe 10 seconds after a hover, the quad would suddenly bank left, applying throttle as it did so, and I would have to cut it to avoid hitting my shelf. I thought that maybe this was a one-time thing, so I tried Auto Trim again. Same results. I have attached the log file of my second try, with a video of my first try (because the second had the camera facing wrong due to the hard landing). I have not tried to fly it since because one of my skids broke on the second try and it is fairly windy outside.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Video: (0:33 Second Mark) 

2014-04-13 18-55-29_24.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    Are you doing auto tune or auto trim. If it's trim you need to use altitude hold and then use stick into to keep position as you set the trim. It's a bit of juggling act. Doing it outside is the best option. Having room to work is really helpful.
    • (Had to look it up, I didn't realize there was an auto tune) It was Auto Trim.  Arm procedure + 15 seconds to different flash cycle.  

From what I read, Tune is where it twitches at you and you have to keep it stable (which is why I could see that being done best outside).  Are you sure you're speaking of Trim?

• Never do things like this indoors, theres simply no space if the quad decides to move fast in one direction. No space means no time to react.

• From what I read, the Auto Trim requires that there be no wind (makes sense).  Where I live, that is rarely the case, so I was forced to set up in my garage.  I do understand where you're coming from though and if I wasn't specifically running this mode I would be flying outdoors.  

This reply was deleted.

Activity