APM 2.5 + RF Design900 Modem + Minim OSD Setup Issue

Hey guys,

Ok, so Im setting up my APM 2.5 with a RFDesign 900 Modem and a Minim OSD. I have been looking around and so far, I have seen in relation to the 3DR radios and minim osd, people are running them in parallel. However, I have also seen where they are saying that if the modem is not connected to the PC on the GCS, theyre OSD does not display any telemetry, only giving them "0"s. In order to prevent this, Im wondering if I connect the OSD using the UART Cable directly to the telemetry port, and then use a seperate UART cable to connect the modem to the UART2 pins on the opposite side of the board, if this will alleviate that problem. For example if I want to fly just FPV one day with out the computer, from my understanding, running them in parrallel, will not produce the telemetry on the OSD without the GCS active and present. ALSO, I have seen where they say not to connect the TX pin on the OSD if running them in parallel. Would this fall true in my proposed setup above?

This is a visual of what Im trying to do that I posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qStQnblImhg

I appreciate all input here as I do not wish to brick another OSD, or anything for that matter.  If anyone has a proven setup that utilizes this same idea, please please post.

Thanks,

Jamie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I get OSD data whether or not my 3DR is plugged in. It should be unrelated.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…