APM 2.5 with DJI 450 frame

At first I had the APM mounted inside the frame. Flew about 12 times and had no issues. Then after reading online, I read that it is not good practice to mount the board inside and that a better spot is on the top of the frame. Is this true? When I do a google search, I've found a 50/50 mixture of APM boards mounted on top or inside.

Where do the "pros" mount the APM on a DJI 450 frame?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I created a platform with my 3D printer and mounted mine on stand-offs above the top frame keeping me well away from the ESC / Battery - I have the RC receiver tucked in under my platform along with the telemetry board/antenna.  I put the battery in the middle, so that I have room to mount things on the bottom (like FPV) - going to print some extended legs for landing to give me some clearance for goodies.  I used a velcro-strap to hold down things and got some mounting tape, doubled it up to put under the APM board that is on my platform - I am going to try to log more date to see how the vibration is.  Anyway things are nice and tucked in towards the center.

3692773904?profile=original

3692773826?profile=original

3692773735?profile=original

My very first flight with the 450 went perfectly, the modes worked exactly as they should and after doing all the calibration I didn't modify any settings yet.  I have flown a number of autonomous missions that have gone perfectly - so mounted on top there seems to be no interference or issues when it comes to following the mission plan. I was out today flying pretty aggressively, getting more comfortable with it - everything is holding together and staying in place - so far zero issues.

This reply was deleted.

Activity