APM 2.6 Drone Keeps flipping--- PLEASE HELP

I am brand new to drones and aircraft.

I have done robotics for about 5 years though.My drone keeps flipping on liftoff.

I have seen that many people recommend to Check the motor direction and the blades.(I have done this over 20 times)

I have set the ESC multiple times and they are shown within very close proximity of each other (+/-10).

I have recalibrated the Accelerometer, Radio, and Compass multiple times

I Honestly have no idea what to do left.

I use APM 2.6 w/ vibration board, 3DR Power Module, Optima 7 Rx, Aurora 9 Tx, 11.1 V 10400 Mah Multi-star Battery, DJI F450 Frame, UBLOCK 6M GPS, Telemetry Set, 4 Cheetah 2212-10 1400 Kv Brush-less Motors, 2 1045L Propellers, 2 1045R Propellers, and 4 Thunderbird 18 Amp ESC with BEC.

The Problem Is that it likes to flip over to its left side (White is Front).'

I have tried Raising the throttle by a little but it just leans over to the left and almost flips.

I also have tried raising it really fast and was in air for a sec before it crashed.

IMG_20160729_002614[1].jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Omar,

I'll suggest this because I've accidentally done this before: Make sure your trims are not set all the way up. It has happened to me before where I accidentally knock or push the trim buttons all the way up without noticing and then I cant get the quad to lift off the ground because it keeps flipping over. Just a little sanity check I've learned to keep an eye out for.

Cheers,

Will F 

• I just had the same problem - flipped forward in hexa X config, flipped backwards in Hexa +

APM 2.8

ublox 6M GPS  and compass

I got it working by:

installing v3.2.1 of copter (last version the APM board supports)

resetting the APM board to factory settings

recalibrating the ESCs (all at once method)

re-calibrating all the other settings in mission planner

I'm assuming there was an issue with the board software, as I'd done every other calibration several times, and was ready to give up!

• George Kelly said:

Ok..

What's your Throttle Mid parameter set at?

• Ok..

What's your Throttle Mid parameter set at?

Omar Zuaiter said:

i have two of them in parallel.

I lift the throttle less than a quarter of the way and it starts to lift so i think it should be fine.

If I need to I can just use one battery.

• i have two of them in parallel.

I lift the throttle less than a quarter of the way and it starts to lift so i think it should be fine.

If I need to I can just use one battery.

• '11.1 V 10400 Mah Multi-star Battery,,,'

That would be an awfully big battery to be lifting with (cheap, plastic) 10 inch props.

The biggest 3S Multistar on Hobbyking's website is half this size (5200 mAh).

Are you sure this is correct?

• I had two flights in one log. The first one flipped to the right and the second flipped to the left but higher in air.

2016-07-30 11-47-37.bin

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702275426?profile=original
  • Here is a link to the logging parameter: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#log-bitmask-log-bi...

You should set it to Nearly-all.

In Mission Planner on the Config/Tunning screen select Full Parameter List and scroll down to Log_BitMask.

Remember what value it has and change it to the Nearly-all value and click on the Write Params button to save it to the copter.  Be careful that's the only value you change as it should high light the value once changed.

Then do the test flight again and upload the log file which may not fit as it will be much larger now.

Complete Parameter List — Copter documentation
  • How do I change the Logging value?

What should I change it to so that you get the information?

I also did do a auto tune (before that log) while it remained stationary on the ground with no props. Does that have to do anything with it?(It still kept flipping before I did that).

• Oops, I forgot your running APM 2.6.  You need to turn logging up to higher value so we can see more of the sensor log data.  From the logs you are not running channel mapping and everything looks good except that the desired roll and actual roll along with desired pitch and actual pitch do not follow each other.

Try setting the logging value higher so that we can see more sensor data.

After the problem is corrected make sure you set your logging back to 894 as this reduces the load on the flight controller.

This reply was deleted.

Activity