Hi all,
I'm attaching my log from our last flight as our little quad went completly bonkers before it crashed.
Short after takeoff it went completly out of control, no response at all from RC or Telemetry and then crashed near a pond (thank god).
But the mistery was about to begin when we started reviewing the log and found out that the trigger was the failsafe error Err: EKF_CHECK-2 / Err: FAILSAFE_ EKF-1.
In understand these two were recently added to APM, but this ain't the first time I see this sort of thing happening.
I'm attaching my log in hopes for some guidance.
Thank you all!
Replies
i had same errors today. in gps mode, a sudden lost of altitude.
I have had same thing before, so i was high enough to have time to change to STAB mode and make a save.
Any info what is causing this? magnetic interference ?
here´s log
Paul
I am new to the forum and need to find someone with expertise in interpreting error. I seem to get servo fluctuation while on the ground in FBWA mode as well as other auto modes. I think this is traced to my IMU2 being noisy. Any D that I add to Roll seems to be amplified by the noise. I am not sure if this is normal noise or not. I can see the plane twitch in the air from the gyro noise being modulated though the servos. Any idea how I can filter this out? I have attached a file of my plane sitting on the ground, no wing, no wind, no motor. I did lift the tail at one point in the file.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Scot
2016-03-07 12-31-46 7.bin.jpg
Yeah, perfect analysis...in fact close to the ground the magnetometer goes crazy...from 40 to 70 degree offset.
Thanks
Hello, I had the same problem and my EKF4.SM are high, up to 2.0. What does that mean? What EKF4.SM are? How GPS velocities are used? And what do you mean by GPS velocities? The SoG coming from GPS?
It seems the vibrations were fine and no big error on yaw.
I attached the log.
2015-11-06 12-24-58.bin
Response from 3DR "Given you are using beta firmware that we do not provide support for, you would need to flash current stable firmware to demonstrate ekf issues." So that's a no then :(
I tried setting EKF_GBIAS_PNOISE as you suggested and have not seen any TBE since although I probably haven't gone as high either. Overall copter control is good, so I'm happy with this. Thanks for your help.
Hi Paul,
Thanks once again for the amazing analysis! This seems like quite a subtle issue, do you think 3DR would accept it as grounds for RMA? If the pixhawk is faulty I'd prefer to get it replaced.
I'll have to check my logs from the same day for similar occurences. Should I expect to see the divergence disappear as the temperature increases again?
In your graph above 3.5 deg/second doesn't seem like a lot - it's hard to see in the graph, but you are saying that even this much discrepancy can cause serious issues? Did DCM learn the offset as well or is that new to EKF?
Have you seen this thread at all:
http://diydrones.com/group/iris/forum/topics/iris-massive-yaw-issue
? He has even more severe gyro drift, but it settles down after a while. Could this also be temperature related?
Thanks
andy
Hi Paul,
So I loaded 3.3rc5, straightened the mast, recalibrated the compass, set declination manually and redid compass mot. I ended up with lower offsets and a much higher level of agreement between the compasses. I took it for a flight test yesterday and all was good. Took it for another one today in some wind and while performance was good, I still ended up with some yaw errors and a small toilet bowel. The log is attached. You can see I go quite high and the errors and TBE occur at higher altitude. I'm guessing this is because the wind was stronger higher up, but it's still disconcerting and a little worrying. Note that I pretty much go straight up - there is almost no forward velocity. I've got this tuned about as accurately as I can now, so I'm not sure what else I can do.
Thanks
andy
2015-05-25 12-39-54.bin
I have also Had this error once before, After much reading I came to the conclusion that it must be a DCM error. Finally tracked it down to the a yaw error. But still have no idea what caused it???
It did only appear once and I havent had it again.
It would be good if the error codes where better documented, and EKF changed to DCM in the code for APM users.
Forgot the log
2015-05-10 14-16-23.bin
Here's a flight with 3.3rc3++ built from source and manual declination. This looks a lot better to me in EKF and bad but not awful in DCM. Would you agree?
Have a look at EKF4->SMX at 12mins. There is a huge jump and it is again at the point at which MAG->MagY goes sharply down and crosses from +ve to -ve. I have seen this pattern before - downward transition crossing zero causes big error. Does this not look a bit suspicious?
-
1
-
2
-
3
-
4
-
5
of 5 Next