Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

A classic overpowered hexa, hovering at 30% of throttle stick... :-)
    Audio is in italian for local guyz.
    All the specs in the description, tomorrow a better video in open space.

Bests, Marco

• So do you think we can conclude the loiter flyaways and bad RTL direction are due to compass auto calibration going crazy ?

• just updated to 2.9.1b. was excited to give it a test considering i have a plastic frame and vibes are probably. first test the alt_hold was now horrible. really bad oscillations, and height fluctuated dramatically. I already have thr accel at 1.1 (2.2 for i) and it was pretty good with 2.9.1

there was a slight breeze but it would've been fine previously. just wondering what the best way to correct this would be?

• Folks,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of what appears to be two motors getting worked harder than the other two. Motors 1 & 2 (CCW?) appear to be consistently getting worked harder than 3 & 4. Is this abnormal? Seems like this might be because it is working hard to compensate for a tendency to yaw CCW?

I have recalibrated the accelerometer.

The centre of gravity is within 5 mm of the centre

All the motors are vertically aligned, props tracking well.

I've hooked it up via USB and plotted the motor outputs - when the throttle is first applied, and motor outputs are equal, as you might expect.

I've attached a log from a short test flight, hovering in the garage.

3692679408?profile=original

2013-04-10 18-13 22.log

• I see yaw_rate P default change to 0.20 (was 0.25)..   Moving my post from 2.9.1 thread to this one as Y6 actually was flying on 2.9.1b.  But yaw performance was the same (slow) on 2.9.1 as well.

I tried increasing rate YAW I and P with no avail.

Forward to 2:15 for YAW demo:

RC4_MIN 1079 and RC4_MAX 1917. 

Here are my PIDs.

3692678694?profile=originalCopter is stretched Scorpion Y650... motor to motor distance now 37in(94cm) vs original 650mm.  I fly on 14x4.7 APC SF props. AUW 3.3KG.  Hovers at 50% throttle.

3692678634?profile=originalShould I start working on making motor mounts with 5 deg tilt from vertical or there is another way?

Thanks!

• LIttle Micro i just finished flying 2.9.1b

I had to take Rate P right down to .05 AUW is 250g....and she will lift a gopro...pretty insane.

3692678658?profile=original

• Could it be something in my tuning? I was tuning it yesterday outside and came up with these values but maybe rate I is too high? I normally match it with Rate P but was increasing it yesterday and it will still flying good at .9. Is that too high and what does a too high value cause?

• I had a very crazy copter tonight! I would like someone to look at the logs. I downloaded them all and noticed many small files that I guess it creates when you arm/disarm? The last couple larger files are I think the ones with the craziness.

What happened was I was flying indoors and before that I had moved my xbee900 a little further down the arm. I have a small quad that's about 14" mtm so things are a bit crammed and I was trying to relocate the xbee. Then I took some short flights indoor and after just a few seconds the motors started surging like crazy and of course I dropped the throttle to zero but it made NO difference. The copter flopped around, went upside down, attacked my octo on the floor and ripped off the 3 props from the quad and the last prop was still surging as I held it down and had someone else unplug the lipo! It was the 3rd flight like that but the first 2 were not as dramatic. The only other things I can think that I did was change the mag calibration to manual and entered in my declination.

I've never had anything like this before since I started 2 years ago. I was in stable or acro and putting the throttle down didn't have any effect. Can someone look at these logs and tell me what they see.

How close can an xbee be to a motor or ESC? I heard they were noisy!

I'm not sure which log it is but I included the last few that were over 100k.

2013-04-08 22-47 71.log

2013-04-08 22-46 65.log

2013-04-08 22-45 63.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692678072?profile=original
  • OK I prefer 20Hz so just wanted to make sure it was set to that.

• You are saying it can show 0 in the advanced parameter list but it's really 20Hz in the code. If I wanted to change the Hz I would do it there or I have to do in arduino?

This reply was deleted.

Activity