Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I seriously love how my quad is flying and I am not even done tuning it.  There are a couple exceptions though.

1. Every single log I download has spikes in it, some random value that is way out of wack I have to zoom in to see the graph I am looking for.

2. I had an rtl fly away today (I brought it back under control but it was still worrysome)

I am using a Mediatek 2 gps with the 1.9 firmware.

I usually have between 11 to 13 satellites locked.

I have the auto compass declination turned off, it did figure it out to be -9.86611 which makes sense for my location so I left the value.

My frame is really vibration free, with raw on the ACC graph looks almost flat on all of the axises. 

Here is the log can someone take a quick look.  I unfortunately didn't grab the tlog as I didn't have my tablet saving the data, that's changed now.

2013-04-21 19-54 2.log

• Some video of my octo with 2.9.1b doing a 3 minute loiter. Settings are below. I still have some more tuning to do on the throttle pids.

• Put my APM in my qav400, flys very well, loiter holds great except when flying forward & letting go of the sticks it does a toilet bowl swirl while trying to stop, any idea of what is happening ?

Vibrations are very low, in a hover there +-2, so I'm happy with that, alt hold works awesome so far.

Marc.
  • ran thru 4 batteries today, all either auto or guided missions.....not a glitch.........;-)

• Just a thought guys could we be hitting the ceiling of the 2560 processing power thus causing all these "unexplained" dodgy stuff happening????

As I said just a thought ??
  • This is sorta OT, but I wanted to share a major GPS failure I had last Sunday. The run with the GPS failure starts @35sec... luckily I was in alt hold (2.9.1b):

100mph quad LOL! Yep... 0sats for a second there too. This happened in the middle of the day after my GPS was already warmed up, and it was an isolated incident (6 longer flights that day were flawless). In fact I even did an RTL test that went perfect, landing 6' off the mark in very strong winds. A similar GPS failure happened in loiter a while back, which resulted in a potentially very dangerous runaway crash from low altitude in front of the pilot line. Since then I've kept a hair trigger on stab mode while loitering, but I hope inav-xy puts the GPS on a longer time scale (like it did for baro in alt hold)... that should help smooth this sort of thing out. Until we have a solid GPS failsafe option, everyone beware that GPS rx's are fallible... if this happens to you while in loiter/posi/all auto modes, you're probably SOL!

• are these vibes really bad?

thanks for any help

3692686582?profile=original

• Marco,

here is V quad frame logs, with apox. one minute in loiter with 2.91b, then in alt-hold/stabilize. What do You think about values?

Regards,

Ivan

2013-04-18 11-33 5.log

• Have a "RTL motor stop thing" hitting my Y6 twice in the air.  Yes it took it from +40m altitude to -9m in two kicks.  Yes, negative alt ;)

Details in video below,1080p is available.  For some reason MP lost connection and does no show useable log.  Data flash log is very basic.

Why that RTL ???  My PPM encoder updated to the latest  version.

2013-04-15 13-56-12.tlog

2013-04-15 13-56-12.rlog

2013-04-15 19-55 1.log

• I just tried with the latest code; it is not compiling correctly now. Not sure if it means anything, but this clip from verbose output didn't look normal:

setup.pde: In function 'int8_t setup_flightmodes(uint8_t, const Menu::arg*)':
    setup:378: error: no match for 'operator|=' in 'g.Parameters::simple_modes |= (1 << ((int)_switchPosition))'
    setup:386: error: no match for 'operator&=' in 'g.Parameters::simple_modes &= ~(1 << ((int)_switchPosition))'

This reply was deleted.

Activity