Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi!

Considering THR_FS_VALUE, default is 975. I have set it to RTL, when triggered. I would like to know what is now time to trigger RTL on AC_RC5, and can this value be set to 950, or something lower? I have 9x, and when it is OFF, the value for this goes to 900.

In 2.9 versions people reported often a trigger to RTL even on parts of ms, on 200-300m away from RTL...

• Here is about 10 minutes of Loiter. Sometimes it starts the toilet bowl and I have to switch to Alt Hold.

This is v3rc5 with APM 2.5.4 and uBlox. 4 x 3300-4S. About 6kg with camera.

• Well after posting my parameters I decided to take RC5 up for another try and loiter and alt hold were fantastic. Best I've ever seen and it was already good in 2.9.1.b but this is better. I do notice what Marco reported which is a wobbling in Loiter. It seems it's just it's fine corrections and it doesn't seem like it's an oscillation. Just a constant wobble as it tries to stay on point, which it does quite well. The loiter didn't move out of a 1/2 meter square and altitude was right on. Altitude hold was just as solid but without the wobble. Tomorrow I will take it out for some FPV to see how it does.

BTW, I had my throttle accel on ch6 and tuned it from .3 to .75 but didn't see ANY difference. Should I have or am I moving in too narrow of a range to see a difference?

• 3692737981?profile=original

• I have an octo with 12" props that hovers around 40%. I just upgraded from 2.9.1.b to 3.0rc5 and when I go into alt hold or loiter it starts to hold and then drops altitude quick, then recovers but overshoots and over and over. I usually switch to stab before it gets too scary :)

Here are my params. Should I tune Throttle Accel or Alt Hold to get rid of this?

Otherwise I love how stabilize feels compared to 2.9.1.b but I'm curious about Loiter and Alt Hold.

• CRASH.... i uploaded V3.00 rc4 and comands on my Y6 did not work(no pitch,no left right) so later on i figure out that Y6 needs to be in V configuration in mission planer level page(iwe missed that part somehow,where is it explained!),and than it was ok...today after iwe uploaded V3.0 rc5 and start to fly i lost control again and y6 start to fly away so i panic and cut the throttle,crashing landing gear and 1(xoar wood)prop...for that short moment of fly

my Y6:

APM 2

mutistar 4830 420KV 650W motors

turnigy plush 40A

xoar 14x5 wood(70cm motor to motor)

nanotech 6S 8000mAH  x2

3dr radio

graupner mx20 RC

ublox GPS

everything was calibrated acc,compass,level etc....i had compass auto on(i think that was the problem)....compassmot done too

can someone check my tlog(i had enabled INAV but i cant see that)

in mission planer radio calibration page comands was working ok....

20130607123325.tlog

• my DIY mod for external mag and GPS

my quad with apm2 v3.0 rc5 in loiter mode hover fines for about 2 minutes and starts a drift and try to fly away.
    I checked the logs and magfield was affected by throttle (motors and escs?) 
    so, I disable the onboard magnetometer and connect a external mag in pod like a naza style
    first tests are fine, the logs don´t show throttle effect in magfield anymore

3692737186?profile=original

3692737080?profile=original

3692737098?profile=original

• Hello everybody!

Just uploaded rc5, made all the processes as mentioned, on my V-quad (TBS like)... Flying around in living room makes me feel pretty comfortable to fly outside, since my experience assures me that this will be ok. Still to go to "live calibration" for compass, just tell me again, since COMPASS_LEARN is now set to 0:

What is the most convenient way to make "live calibration"?

Should then auto-declination or so stay checked or no? 

I had no experience with this earlier... Tomorrow  I will provide the logs...

Tx&GoodLuck with the soon launch of AC3!

• I've got a problem regarding the log based geotagging with MissionPlanner. (RC5 and MP 1.2.53)

The log is always 4days + the real Photo date.

GPX Files do not contain a valid timestamp. The Day is right, but the time is 0:00:00.

It is impossible to tag Photos with the logs.

Could you please check it?

Thanks,

Yannick

• Developer

ArduCopter V3 RC and "Loiter wobbling":

I want a confirmation from anyone who has tried the V3 Release Candidate version of ArduCopter, my quad has small shaky, a sorta of fast oscillations during the Loiter, it happens to someone else?
    I noticed and reported this problem only from V3 onwards.
    For the specs of my quad see the description of my video.

Thanks, Marco

This reply was deleted.

Activity