APM2.0 output power rail stopped working

Hi,

All of the sudden, the output power rail on my APM stopped supplying power to the board. An electronician friend had a quick look for me and now the board can only be powerd by the input rail, with the jumper1 taken out. Another thing is my APM2.0 board would not boot up with the flash data card in place. Once it is taken out,  the board boots up just fine. Any idea if I can fly without the SD card? Is it a result of the dead output rail power supply? My board has been flying the Skywalker just fine and never had a crash. Thank you for any input

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After about 24 flights, it appears I have the same problem with APM2. Powers from the USB, but not the output rail. Any word on how 3DR is dealing with this?

• I had the same problem. Replacing the diode worked for me. Do you have SMD soldering skills?

• Hi,

My APM worked fine for 2 short flights at my yard.

On the third flight it just powered off after landing.

Now it does not power on from any ESC on connected to the output rail, only from USB.

What am i missing here ???

• My APM2 suddenly stopped working too from Output power rail. If I power it from the 5v/Gnd between the serial connection header pins, it powers up, though have not attempted to fly connected this way. USB power works fine. The only attached external load is the RC Rx. A FlySky/Turnigy system. I found mention, without clear subject, power issues due to a diode which needed to be inspected/repaired? http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/please-help-me-problem-to-boot-apm2.

I hope this is a simple fix.

• I have the same problem, I wonder if the diode that feeds the regulator is rated properly... This is the only explanation I have why it is no longer working.

• I think your friend is correct if the jumper is removed you must power it through the input rail. I also need to pull the SD card to get my APM2 to boot. Reset does not seem to get it to work. I have continued to use the board without the SD card and have logged 8 flights. I think the SD card is used to log information and future development.

This reply was deleted.

Activity