Arducopter 2.0.36 does not arm

Hey everyone, recently I've been working on a second Arducopter because I lost my first one in a terrible crash :( I am using standard arducopter frame with the standard jDrones 20A ESCs and the 2830 850kv motors. The only parts recycled from the first copter was the ArduPilot Mega (1280), the sensor shield, Power distribution board, GPS and RX/TX.Frame, battery, ESCs, and motors are all brand new. My problem began a couple weeks ago when I tried to fly for the first time with my new copter. Immediately, I noticed struggle to take off because copter wanted to veer to one side. I noticed controls were behaving "backward" and that it seemed front and back motor were switched, so I reversed "elevator" in the TX. This seemed to have solved the problem, but silly me, the arducopter was still sending "compensation" signals to the wrong motor, so when i tilted the copter back, the front motor would increase in power, shifting the copter even more back!. I thought that I had perhaps wired the signal wires in the distribution board wrong, but I double check at it is correct (according to wiki). This was also the same power board from my first copter which worked perfectly, so the signal wires couldn't be backwards. So I simply switched the ESC signal wires for the front and back motors and this fixed the issue (although I still find it weird the ardupilot had it backwards in the first place? maybe my mistake somewhere?) Anyway, now with that fixed, copter still did not takeoff very easily, I needed to compensate heavily to keep it stable while trying to takeoff.Today, I decided to try again. About the 4th attempt to get off the ground, the copter "locked up" and did not respond to any of my TX commands. I even turned off the TX but the motors were still running (low power, thank god, it was still on the ground). I had to disconnect the battery. Now, when I reconnect the battery, the Arducopter does not even arm. I changed the batteries in the TX, and put a fresh LiPo in the copter, but to no avail. The ESC I'm using for power is outputing a pretty stable 5.21v. All lights seem to be on and nothing is warm, it just doesn't arm. I checked the output channels using a pocket o-scope and it shows a pretty constant 5.3% PWM duty cycle on all 4 channels (which seems appropriate for disarm). I uploaded firmware again and performed the first time setup again but no luck :(.The only thing that has changed on the APM since I had the copter running fine a month ago was that I soldered the gyro dampeners and uploaded the most recent arducopter 2 code, and of course, crashed it! :(Did I somehow destroy the ArduPilotMega? I guess its time to get the new version anyway. Has this happened to anyone else?Thanks everyone!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

  • Hi, I'm probably have the same "low-power-running" problem.

    Dithered signal from 1-4, 7 and 8 output pins, about 1200 value (normally calibrated ESC's will slightly power the motor), flashing green led and ESC arming disability.

    However, camera pins work normally - changing values according to IMU's rotation. Does your camera pin work normally?

This reply was deleted.

Activity

DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: @DanielChiaJH @diyrobocars @circuitlaunch Here's my car's view of that race. About 8.4 second lap times for laps 2 and 3... both…
yesterday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @DanielChiaJH: Great racing against @a1k0n today at @diyrobocars! Pretty cool to both break sun-9s at the track today I think I got very…
Sunday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Broadcasting the @circuitlaunch race live now at https://m.twitch.tv/diyrobocars Races begin around 2:00pm PT
Saturday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: ran a huge number of hyperparameter tuning experiments yesterday; now I can train a new policy, far with better quality, in 15 m…
Saturday
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Did I get rid of hand-tuned parameters? Yes. Am I still hand-tuning more parameters? Also yes. I have a few knobs to address the…
Sep 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: I'm not going to spoil it, but (after charging the battery) this works way better than it has any right to. The car is now faste…
Sep 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: Decided to just see what happens if I run the sim-trained neural net on the car, with some safety rails around max throttle slew…
Sep 26
DIY Robocars via Twitter
Sep 24
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: @a1k0n @diyrobocars I learned from this. This is my speed profile. Looks like I am too conservative on the right side of…
Sep 24
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: @SmallpixelCar @diyrobocars Dot color is speed; brighter is faster. Yeah, it has less room to explore in the tighter part, and t…
Sep 24
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @a1k0n: I'm gonna try to do proper offline reinforcement learning for @diyrobocars and throw away all my manual parameter tuning for the…
Sep 23
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @circuitlaunch: DIY Robocars & Brazilian BBQ - Sat 10/1. Our track combines hairpin curves with an intersection for max danger. Take tha…
Sep 22
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: Had an great test today on @RAMS_RC_Club track. However the car starts to drift at 40mph. Some experts recommended to ch…
Sep 11
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @gclue_akira: 世界最速 チームtamiyaのaiカー https://t.co/1Qq2zOeftG
Sep 10
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @DanielChiaJH: Always a good time working on my @diyrobocars car at @circuitlaunch. Still got some work to do if I’m to beat @a1k0n howe…
Sep 10
DIY Robocars via Twitter
RT @SmallpixelCar: My new speed profile for @RAMS_RC_Club track https://t.co/RtLb7TcgIJ
Sep 10
More…