Developer

Arducopter 2.0.48/49

There is a preview on GIT right now. I flew a version of this

The PWM output has been set to 400hz (to counter the low pass filter in most Turnigy PWMs)

The DCM's Roll and Pitch gains were lowered to .03 (recommendation of Hein Hollander)

Mavlink has gotten a re-work for performance and memory savings.

Added a scaling factor to camera Roll And Pitch CAM_P_G, CAM_R_G in the params list.

Fixed some bad PID values for Alt hold that were giving folks trouble.

Exiting a WP for another is faster and more controlled now.

Added user hooks for those who want to execute their own code inline.

Increased loiter speed to center when the copter is flown > 400cm (now 800cm).

Loiter in action.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Report from today's flights: Loiter is great (log 3) , RTH is great also (log 4). Here is a video with Loiter mode (log3 --a little bit windy). Great job Jason & team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJvU81eIPU

log3.rar

2011-10-15 04-16 4.kmz

2011-10-15 04-16 4.log

• In all honesty this is not the best way to improve on the cam stab but it kinda lessen the jerky response or improve the sluggish depending on the camera mount/servo/max travel. Another keynote also is that it has its drawback, it might tame you cam when quad is fighting the wind but will be jerky when hovering on calm condition. I have the gain parameter on my ardustation so I can change it like changing PID. It will also show on Mission planner so it would be handy to change depending on the flying condition.

GAIN_PCAM,1 (pitch/tilt)
    GAIN_RCAM,1 (roll)

I wont be able to respond for the next week Im heading to airport. Hope this helps

Camera.pde

Parameters.h

• Had another go and was able to go loiter(finally) for my frame with gopro onboard. I was a bit tight place to play with loiter but for 45secs in a mild breeze 3-5knots i think its quite ok and no aggressive circle maneuver. Althold work a bit ok I think its is the limit of what the baro can do at lower altitude. Havent had this fun since v42. I wanted to load the vid but I mod the code so I can adjust a multiplier/gain of some sort to the camera tilt/roll output. I put too much to the roll and the video does seesaw when hovering. I will lower it again but no test for me this coming week. I think it will be a new version probably a released one once I get back.

here is the video from the previous flight (previous post). Inspired by the fellow member Duran DeV's, I like his effect sorry for doing the same effect.

Attach is my current params file. (good for small quads with stronger motor....i think but not for stock ACM)

Ardu2.0.48.param

• Hit pay dirt....got some good PIDs and stable was really good. Also managed to get ALT_Hold (baro only) with lesser pulsing but only issue is after forward flight (or which ever direction) the quad will lift about 5-7ft then drop about 3ft from supposed height. I tried to change 0.02 +/- for alt/rate P but not much success. Either motor pulse randomly or it will start to drop. I did set a 0.3 ALT IMAX not sure if it made some help

THR_ALT_P    0.6
    THR_ALT_I    0
    THR_ALT_IMAX    0.3

THR_RATE_P    0.3
    THR_RATE_I    0.1
    THR_RATE_IMAX    3

This is what work for me best (baro only)

Jason how does the new ALT_Hold work/affect the quad. I tried on your loiter test on wiki and the values I have seems to be generally goo (I just dont have the 0.25 Rate I for ALT)

• Just tested the latest version but having problems with alt hold.

It jumps around and then it goes up and upfor about 10 meters and goes down a bit.

I would show a log but i can't find any.

Was AH altererd since v43?

• Hey, I am having a mission planner issue, For some reason Its giving me an error when I try to update the PID's.

Message errors are like "Set RATE_PIT_P Failed"

Any help would be appreciated.

• Guided mode

I'd like to start using it, but the MP screen scare me a bit. Is there some guidelines for using that somewhere?

Is should be nice to get some written lines in the wiki for using "guided" mode.
  • Looking at the GIT, following main improvements looks to be impllemented in this version:

- fixed a '=' vs '==' bug in do_loiter_turns(). So hopefully now it works this command
    - Tweak to the loiter N turns.
    - slowed acceleration from WP ( from 40 to 10) waypoint_speed_gov
    - Logging for gyro/accel testing. Write a gyro/accel data package
    - AC2 fix guided mode fly off
    - etc

.48 is very smooth. Minor tweaks to gains for my non-standard frame. Sonar is awesome, but baro is a bit jumpy for me. Loiter is still okay, but I need to tune it- very aggressive circles yet.

I still need to turn up telemetry rates in planner to see if the Mavlink rework will let me have decent data throughput and still be able to send tuning parameters reliably. In the past, if I had telemetry rates turned to a usable level, parameters would fail to send properly (APC220, 56k serial, 19.2k radio data rate).

Overall nice.

• I got loiter working today for the first time using 2.0.48. I used default PIDs for loiter/nav.

The conditions were quite gusty and it was awesome to watch it tilt into the wind to maintain position.

After a while I walked up and under the quad and sure enough it popped up to maintain altitude.

Then I turned around and walked back. A couple of guys were watching and their jaws dropped when they saw that I had my back to the quad. After I landed I explained to them that it was in GPS position hold.

Very cool stuff! Good work Jason and the diydrones community!

This reply was deleted.

Activity