Developer

Arducopter 2.0.48/49

There is a preview on GIT right now. I flew a version of this

The PWM output has been set to 400hz (to counter the low pass filter in most Turnigy PWMs)

The DCM's Roll and Pitch gains were lowered to .03 (recommendation of Hein Hollander)

Mavlink has gotten a re-work for performance and memory savings.

Added a scaling factor to camera Roll And Pitch CAM_P_G, CAM_R_G in the params list.

Fixed some bad PID values for Alt hold that were giving folks trouble.

Exiting a WP for another is faster and more controlled now.

Added user hooks for those who want to execute their own code inline.

Increased loiter speed to center when the copter is flown > 400cm (now 800cm).

Loiter in action.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mmm, without any hardware change I'm seeing a steady yaw drift clockwise, from .47 to .49 ?

But, THANKS Jason, this code just gets better and better !

• Hello,

I just load the 2.0.49, on the two drones. I quickly went outside to take the first tests. to 3.5 meters I passed alt_hold mode, and there he gives weakfish by 0.50 meter jump, it takes 3 to 4 times, then it does down.

he even touch the ground before climbing. The two drones have the same reaction in alt_hold.

Is it that there are parameters to change?

I remember with 2.0.37, it was extremely stable in this mode. I miss something here but I do not understand the problem.

• Today I make a flight with .49 and Loiter works very well, see my logs

But I have to tune the Loiter P to: 0.34

On first log I tuned the P and on second Log it was tune (picture blue one) I have a hover from 3x4 Meter

The only thing that works not very well is the altitude with the default P.

Tomorrow I will tune the Throttle P

And what do not work since .47 if I set a hack on the simple. If I switch so stabalized+simple it do not work it flys again on stabalized only. It only works if I switch it over CH7 (I think the mag was already calibratet, because I do this on the end of the second flight)

2011-10-18 07-11 1.log

2011-10-18 07-12 2.log

Unbenannt-1.jpg

• I'm test Loiter and Auto mode. This is auto mode Pretty good don't worry. but loiter it have some oscillate move to circle about 3-5 m.

setting waypoint

3692288244?profile=original

Auto mode Airline

3692288324?profile=original

I do not recall any onboard footage of the arducopter camera axis stabilization. Does anyone have some raw footage, un-edited from a gimbal stabilized with arducopter? Also a pic of your gimbal setup/servo's used.

• I am having a small issue with pitch/roll and yaw. First the pitch/roll problem...

Alright I am flying a very very large Y6, almost 6 pounds AUW without my camera or anything yet. The issue I am having is when I pitch/roll hard in one direction, the copter will eventually automatically return itself to level regardless of how I am pressing my pitch/roll stick. After it hits level, it goes back to the pitch it was at before. Its almost a "stop and go" motion, where it looks like the copter is "running", stops, takes a break, and continues. Its very odd, any ideas?

Another problem is on my y6 for some reason the yaw drifts very slightly over time, I have re centered my trims, redone radio, remounted all the motors but still no luck. any ideas?

This is all on .48, i will give .49 a shot in a couple minutes and report back.

• Jason,

I find problem's  about download in APM Planner. When I will download logs it not have log in list.

But , When I will type logs in CLI or Terminal. it's have log in list. 

• I'm flying a Y6 configuration consisting of APM, PAN, campass, sonar, Xbee, Turnigy Plush 25A, RCTimer 2836 kv750, APC 11x4.7. I started with version 2.0.38 about three months ago. It flew well. I tried to upgrade to 2.0.41 but could not get it operational.

In the end of August I crashed the Arducopter due to a malfunctioning motor. Last month I build a new one and started to fly with 2.0.46. Last week 2.0.48 and since this morning 2.0.49.

It took me some time to get the Arducopter flyng with 2.0.46/48. Reason: somewhere after 2.0.38 the rotation directon of some motors was changed.

After adjusting direction of the motors de Arducopter was operational again. Behaved correctly on pitch and roll, but not on yaw. Turning to the left is OK. But turning to the right starts with an uncontrolled turn to the left. Giving more right yaw input makes the Y6 turn to the right at last. But small correctional commnds tot the right cannot be given. 

This morning I changed the 2.0.38 code to support the prop directions of 2.0.49 and loaded it in the Arducopter. Test flying: no problem with yaw..

The difference between the code of .38 and .49 is that in .38  the power of the top motors is decreased to 92% (0,92) of the power of the bottom motors. This factor is now disappeared.

Entering this factor in the code againg solved the yaw problem alsmost. In fact, for my configuration 90% (0.90) is the correct factor.

Yaw to the right is somewhat slower than to the left but I am not longer surprised with a Y6 turning the wrong way.

Was there a reason for removing this top-bottom factor in a Y6 configuration?

• This's my auto mode. It's pretty good. I like it. But, Loiter mode is some oscillate move circle about 3 - 4 m. tomorrow, I will new test and tuning PID loiter.

3692288024?profile=original

I do have three questions, the first two a bit practical:

With regard to the GPS position hold using a mediatek GPS module. How often does the GPS receive an updated signal from the satellites?Would it be easier to have two mediatek's on board and take an average reading from two? Or as I presume this is already done by multiple satellites?

In the context of a 'loiter', be it the copter moving around a point in approximately a 2-3m circle/box. The point that the satellite chooses, how big is it? I presume that the 2-3m range could be the point the satellites provide? Its completely understandable why the public does not have more accurate GPS devices, I am not debating that whatsoever. Every position the GPS receives, how much error is there?

Another note: I put a small round band-aid over the baro and it appears that it limited the vertical movement during alt hold to around 6ft. One like this

55724_125.jpg

Third and Last. I use a Dx6i. Is it possible to do the channel 6 tuning with that? I have looked in the WIKI but cannot find where to setup this? I know that you need to do it through the compiler but that is the extend of it.

This reply was deleted.

Activity