Developer

Arducopter 2.0.48/49

There is a preview on GIT right now. I flew a version of this

The PWM output has been set to 400hz (to counter the low pass filter in most Turnigy PWMs)

The DCM's Roll and Pitch gains were lowered to .03 (recommendation of Hein Hollander)

Mavlink has gotten a re-work for performance and memory savings.

Added a scaling factor to camera Roll And Pitch CAM_P_G, CAM_R_G in the params list.

Fixed some bad PID values for Alt hold that were giving folks trouble.

Exiting a WP for another is faster and more controlled now.

Added user hooks for those who want to execute their own code inline.

Increased loiter speed to center when the copter is flown > 400cm (now 800cm).

Loiter in action.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is a video made today with 2.0.49:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IaoqPo7jhQ

No sonar, only baro+magnetometer. It worked very well in Loiter mode. Now my hexa (with photo camera) has almost 2kg.

Thanks Jason / dev team.

• Its been a while since I could fly abit but today a did a long one.

I meanwhile soldered up a shielded cable for the sonar. The spikes I had earlier are gone. :-)

But after a while of flying and switching between stable and Alt hold the motors start pulsing again in Alt hold mode.

Some ofyou guys are experiencing the same thing. Could this be a saturation of the code?

I checked the log and the variation of sonar alt is very big. If yoy look at the baro akt you can see that its limited?????

Log is added.

2011-11-13 11-53 1.log

• I use Conformal Coating on all my circuit boards.

• Will enabling ch7 simple mode be added in the next version? I'm starting to switch to uploading via aruduino and wondering how best to keep track of the changes so I can make the same changes when I go to upload a new version. Do I just keep individual track of whatever mods to the code I make and make them each time or is there an easier way? :)

Would be great if the simple mode setting for ch7 could be turned on via MP.

Current Conditions - in OSLO °F | °C
    As of 9:48 PM on Thursday 10 Nov 2011 (Local Time) from ENGM Reporting Station
    Broken Clouds Broken Clouds   Feels Like: 39°
    Wind Chill: 39°   Ceiling: 1200
    Heat Index: 39°   Visibility: 6mi
    Dew Point: 39°   Wind: 2mph
    Humidity: 100%   Direction: NA NA
    Pressure: 30.53"   Gusts: NA
    Report Text: ENGM 102048Z VRB02KT 9000 FEW004 BKN012 04/04 Q1034
  • Another day, another problem. I've added a sonar (Maxbotix LV EZ0- http://www.maxbotix.com/documents/MB1000_Datasheet.pdf) to my hexa and i connected it like this : 3692298572?profile=original3692298519?profile=original3692298201?profile=original

The problem is that when i activate Loiter mode under 10m aprox the copter is slowly descending. If i activate Loiter mode above 10m it is holding the altitude. The sonar is activated in MP. I've made some tests indoor (play with my hand in front of the sonar) and it seems that is is working. What could be the cause ?  Also i've loaded the log file in MP, it seems that the baro and sonar values are reversed....?!?! I did not find the throttle out value to put it on the log graph?!!? Here is the log file http://dl.transfer.ro/transfer_ro-08nov-be1343d4c1c.zip  . Any kind of help is appreciated.

• I think "actual height" is a good thing for RTL.
    So you are flying at a special height, it keeps that height and heads home.

If something goes wrong and you are behind trees etc, you hit full throttle to get it up, then enable RTL.

I wouldn't want to control height, after the RTL Switch has been hit.

And i don't like the thought of having set a RTL-Height 5 days beforehand at the computer, when i didn't know how the flight-field would be... so i prefer the actual height.

Only thing you could do, is for "Failsafe-RTL" Make a predefined height in the Mission planner, so it firstly always goes to say 100m and then heads home, when it looses signal, so it will clear any obstacles in its way!

Daniel

• Has anyone had any issues with the sonar data not being used in the altitude solution? I have ensured that it is enabled, and tested that I was getting output in CLI mode. It acted as though it was only operating on Baro. Log is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, on a previous version of the software, if I took off in Alt hold, it would immediately rise to the Sonar min, approx 1-2'.

Thanks,

Charlie

2011-11-06 03-25-22.tlog

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692297862?profile=original
  • I had a near disaster with 2.0.49 yesterday. I'm new to RC and I blame myself for flying too high, however RTL did not work for me as I expected.

Somehow managed to land my hexa safely in the end. Boy that was nerve racking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0QEQyLtHA

I tested RTL few times later and it worked just fine (though hexa was a bit nervous and twitchy).

--

Lauris

• A lot of comments has been about loiter mode performance. After having struggeld with far more basic issues I have now arrived at Loiter tuning in this, my first Arducopter project (a hexa).

I have got it set up decently (but not perfect!) at static position holding.

BUT there is something fishy going on when I attempt to move the copter slowly laterally using the pitch & roll stick. It is like the copter somewhat reluctantly obeys, and THEN when I release the stick to neutral, it´s like the copter is springloaded to go back into the opposite direction. As like the loiter position has not reset at my pitch / roll commands.

Whats going on with this?

Anybody else made this observation?

Maybe tomorrow I will be able to catch this on video. I will also try to upload applicable log file. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity