Developer

Arducopter 2.0.55

The latest AC2 code is posted. This is the last code before the big switchover to APM2 codebase.

ArduCopter_2_0_55.zip

What you should expect: More stability and better handling, especially if your CG is not centered. 

Heres the update list from the downloads section:

Most stable flying version yet. Includes new stability patch by default and a new DCM gain and clamp value that should reduce drift due to linear acceleration in missions or long flights.
Switched rate gain calculation to use raw IMU rather than the DCM's omega. This crisps up the response a lot.
1280 has lost local flash logging, sorry, but it's just not supportable any longer.
some older tests have returned now the program memory is freed.
Remember, to use the new logging format on the 2560, you need to erase it at least once to format it.

He're the video showing just the control loop patch. The DCM patch was added later and improved the handling some more.

Jason

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alt-hold in 2.0.55 with sonar.

To get a good alt-hold under sonar, the copter must be really in a good hovering point.if not, the copter will lift or descend a lot until a heigth that normally is not what you wanted. Its dificult to master that, but posible. Also, when into an alt-holt stable, if you move the thrust to try a new heigth is almost imposible to stop where you want.
    I find this new alt-hold aproach less friendly than in previous versions. Maybe i'm missing something...

The alt-hold that i'd like is the one that, independently of being in a perfect hovering, stays in the heigth of the instant when i've switched to it. I remember that it was the case before.
  • Hi Jason, once again, thank you!

Does Mission Planner install the latest code ?

Regards,

Gustav

Edit:

Just flew my Standard Quad in my (small) lounge, with the code loaded by Mission Planner, the most stable I've seen it yet :-)

• Be careful! Failsafe is not working as I would expect. I've crashed my tricopter. I was returning to launch with RTL mode and then I turn off TX to see its behaviour (Jason said that he enabled failsafe) but as always motors stopped. It was 60m from ground and 290m from launching point.

2011-12-07 03-16 3.log

2011-12-07 03-16 3.kmz

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692314251?profile=original
  • Currently, in ALT_HOLD, if we move the throttle far from the dead zone, we can edit the set point for the altitude while staying in alt_hold, which is great.

Would it be possible to implement this in LOITER too? Like if we move pitch and roll while in LOITER mode we could edit the target point at runtime...

What do you think?

• Jason, can you take a look at these logs, copteret ran amok, it yawed sharply and was uncontrollable. This is with .55 althold patch. It had flown fine all day, it had been standing outside in -2 degrees for about 15 minutes when I started this trip. Just before this trip, I had set the declination, therefore, had it been outside. I do reset before this crash trip. 

2011-12-05 11-38 7.log

2011-12-05 11-15-46.tlog

•  

I installed the 2.0.55 version to upgrade my Arducopter.  I had installed strip lighting according to the Wiki and in the prior versions of the code, the lights blinked.  Now the light go on but do not flash.  I assume that this code got squeezed out of this version.  How do I put the led code back in??  I use these to fly at night and blinking is better, but I could a a tiny blinker board if this is to hard to put back in.

• Did a bit of flying with 2.0.55 tonight.  Stabilize mode is working wonderfully now. I was getting a little bit of drifting to the left, but it's possible it wasn't very level when the battery was connected.  I may also just need to do inflight tuning.

Alt hold is working way better for me, it's holding within 1-2m now, although it tends to drift up a down a little.  This may just need some PID tweaking to fix.  It no longer randomly heads skyward when I switch to alt hold.

It's pretty windy today, and I was getting quite a lot of drift during loiter.  About 8 meters.  I could see it correcting, then over correcting and drifting backwards, and then trying to correct again.  Again, this might just need some PID tweaking.

All settings were left at default, expect for:
    STB_PIT_P,4.1
    STB_RLL_P,4.1

I noticed that the IMAX values for most settings seem way higher then they used to be, but I didn't change them and it seems to be working alright.

• I've flown a few trips with my .55 Hexa today, stabilizer and alt hold running smoothly. The log is ok. Loiter is no good (have tried with P from 0.200 to 0.400 and I from 0.000 to 0.010. The best option that works for me, P = 0.300 and I = 0.000 when there is no wind. Copteret circles with 1 to 4 m circle.Have thought about the algorithm for Loiter can be changed to something like the stabilizer of .55. If the copter is standing still when I turn Loiter on, it can slip off to the side and after 1 to 2 meters starting the reaction with a large angle to get back. I have not tried Loiter P less like 0.200 but think that with the lower number will not work well when there is windy conditon.

• just so i understand correct, if i have the 1280-board, i have no chance to record logs anymore, right?

• Developer

Hello Jason and All,

I have just done a quick test flight with the Arducopter v2.0.55 on my QRO quadcopter and all seems OK with the same PID setup (see below) that I have used with the v 2.0.54 + stability patch. I have tested only the STABLE and ALT_HOLD mode due to the bad weather here. The roll/pitch attitude seems very stable in spite of gusts and a strong lateral wind.

Regards, Jean-Louis

3692311936?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity