Version 2.4 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area. Although not as big a change as the 2.3 release, it still includes a respectable number of enhancements and bug fixes.
- massive reduction in memory use (>2k saved!) due to Parameters change and APM2 baro lib fix. TradHeli code can again advance in hand with the quad code
- improved throttle range in stabilize mode. You may find that it takes slightly higher throttle than previously during hover but hopefully you'll find that you have more useable range of the throttle stick as well.
- added TUNE_LOW and TUNE_HIGH for CH6 Tuning (I.e. to set tuning range between 2 and 6 set TUNE_LOW to 2000, TUNE_HIGH to 6000)
- new ACRO_P gain for those who like to fly in ACRO (aka Rate) mode
- Loiter improvements including scaling of X speed
- Easier to use motor testing. see the videos for quad and octa-x-coaxial.
- remove unnecessary block for next GPS value before saving home location
- remove wobble on take-off
- turn off camera pitch control (which uses channel 6) when using channel 6 for tuning
- reduced rate of decent when landing using sonar
- Add support for CH_10 and CH_11 for APM2 users
- fixed Log_Read_Control_Tuning so that it doesn't read too many bytes
The default PIDs are optimized for a 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
Thanks go to the numerous contributors including users and their detailed bug reports, developers and testers. Hopefully all together this will add up to a nice smooth release!
As per usual, please post your comments, issues in this discussion. For enhancement requests for future versions, feel free to add them to the issues list. Note: you can "star" an issue to receive emails when someone comments on the item. On the dev side it helps us because we can get an idea as to which feature requests are the most popular by sorting by the number of people how have starred each issue.