ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

Views: 37210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ArduCopter 2.7.2 releaset

available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area.

The official 2.7.2 release of ArduCopter  Functional Improvements: 
-fast waypoints if the turn angle between two waypoint the copter is less than 60 degrees it does not slow down (Jason) -navigation improvements and logging including switching to filtered location for distance calculations (Jason) -flip improvements - more aggressive and flexible flip code based on attitude instead of timing (Jason) -improved camera control - you can now control any axis (roll, tilt, pan) with any rc channel. it probably makes most sense that you will use 6 but others are possible. (Amilcar) -flybar acro mode for TradHeli (Robert) -"fast gains" - allows strong correction of attitude using accelerometers while the quad is stationary on the ground but relies more on gyros while flying. (Tridge, Jason) -baro filtering improvements (Tridge) Bug Fixes: -dmp timing fix - the MPU6000's dmp unit was inadvertantly turned on and caused timing delays in the main loop (Randy) -xbee bricking issue (Craig / Tridge) -dataflash fixes (Jason) -engine ticking - was combination of roll/pitch rate D term being too high and the dmp timing fix above (Randy, Emile) -faster compass heading on start-up - resolves issue with simple mode getting incorrect heading if you took off very soon after start-up (Tridge) Code Cleanup: -increased maximum number parameters (Tridge) -formatting changes to code (Pat) -replaced "int" with "int16_t" everywhere (Randy)

Thanks Rui, found it!  I was looking for a GeoFence option on the configuration screen.  

Also - just loaded 2.7.2, is GeoFencing enabled in 2.7.2?  When I attempt to upload the fence via the GeoFence menu, the GUI says "Not supported  (I have limits enabled in my configuration)

Can someone shed some light please.

Where can i find the #defines to change to 0.9 MAV ?

My ODS units shipped with 0.9 and I dont have a AVR programmer... annoying

Thanks

Thanks Norman for updating people.  I've created a new discussion here.

Unfortunately just as the release went out we found an issue with the camera mount code for the APM1 (it doesn't work at all) and for people trying to use the new support for the 3-axis gimbal on an APM2 (2-axis works ok, but 3-axis doesn't).  We will sort this out in a day or two but people who rely on these features should stay put on their current version for just a bit longer.

Same happened to me! I just plugged my 3DR radios 433Mhz and both have green led solid right after plugging them.

Have you de-bricked the modules?

Regards,
IS

Where is the screenshot?..looking for one..:-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service