Arducopter 2.7.2 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area Some positive reports on testing can be found in this discusssion by John Hanson.

Note: just as the release was going out an issue was found re support for the all Camera Gimbals on the APM1s (it doesn't work) and with 3 axis gimbals on the APM2 (2-axis works ok but not 3).  If you're one of these people, please wait for 2.7.3 which will be out shortly. 

 

UPDATE: 2.7.3 is now in the Mission Planner

 

Functional Improvements over 2.7.1:

  • Fast waypoints (Jason) - if the turn angle between two waypoint the copter is less than 60 degrees it does not slow down
  • Navigation improvements and logging including switching to filtered location for distance calculations (jason)
  • Flip improvements - more aggressive and flexible flip code based on attitude instead of timing (Jason)
  • Improved camera control - you can now control any axis (roll, tilt, pan) with any rc channel.  it probably makes most sense that you will use 6 but others are possible too.  Unfortunately these changes required we change the set-up procedure so the mission planner gimbal set-up screen needs to be modified again.  Please refer to the AC_Camera wiki page for how to manually set-up the gimbal (Amilcar)
  • Flybar acro mode for TradHeli (Robert)
  • "Fast gains" - allows strong correction of attitude using accelerometers while the quad is stationary on the ground but relies more on gyros while flying (Tridge, Jason)
  • Baro filtering improvements (Tridge)

 

Bug Fixes:

  • DMP timing fix (Randy) - the MPU6000's dmp unit was inadvertantly turned on and caused timing delays in the main loop- xbee bricking issue (Craig / Tridge)
  • Dataflash fixes (Jason)
  • Engine ticking - was a combination of roll/pitch rate D term being too high and the dmp timing fix above (Randy, Emile)
  • Faster heading correction on start-up - resolves issue with simple mode getting incorrect heading if you took off very soon after start-up (Tridge)


Code Cleanup:

  • Increased maximum number parameters (Tridge)
  • Formatting changes to code (Pat)
  • Replaced "int" with "int16_t" everywhere (Randy)


As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

There is still some question on whether the default Roll/Pitch Rate P (0.175) is high enough (it was 0.185 in 2.7.1) and also some people feel the Throttle Rate should be higher (currently 0.300 but some say 0.330 or even much higher would be better).

Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.

Thanks and enjoy!

Views: 52815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Test load with arduino, something similar happened to me, but apm1.4. I happened to v2.6, not downloaded well directly from the planner code. 
and try the version that I run.

Congrats to the Dev Team on this release!  I spent a hr testing it on a XAircraft DIY Hexa, really positive results.


Loiter, was awesome.  About a 2m Box, after 4 minutes slight drifting.

Stabilize was great as well.  Quite stable, 0 problems.

Auto, this mode was weird.  I set a 3 way point plan, and wrote the way points, and then I loaded the way points and I got 15 way points.  I have never ever set a 15 wp plan on this APM before.  Took me a couple of times to get them erased.

Next flight, the hexa on auto would go to Home and skip the rest of the (3)wp's.  I confirmed the "auto" mode was correctly set on the radio.

I have done 0 PID tuning, so out of the box I am pretty happy with the results.  Keep up the good work.  Cheers,

Rick

Den,

    ok, thanks for the report.  I'll check that out.

Peter,

     On the APM2, I've found that sometimes it doesn't detect that it's inserted but if I jiggle it around a bit it's ok.

I used another computer and it reloaded 2.7.2 and all is well now. works on mine again now too.

Thanks for all the help Chris.

reloaded from a friends computer and all is well again.

 

Thanks for the help Norman.

We've just pushed out 2.7.3 to the MissionPlanner and the download area.  2.7.3 is really just 2.7.2 but with a small fix to the camera mount code to resolve issues that primarily APM1 users would have.

I forgot to mention that we needed to upgrade the eeprom version from 118 to 119.  What this means is that your eeprom will be wiped out and you will need to do your radio, etc set-up again.  Really sorry about that but it couldn't be helped and we actually haven't increased it in a long while...it's probably for the best.

Hi Randy, I should have mentioned, its the apm2.5 version with on-board dataFlash ic.

Peter

I'm sad to say this but I've just had 3 consecutive bricks on my XBee telemetry... :-(

 I enabled  2.7.3 firmware CONFIG “# define DMP_ENABLED ENABLED”, APM2 still crash when it  staring :-(

Firmware 2.7.3 is awesome, thanks guys for the great job, it's the first time my hexacopter is working so nice and huge improvement for baro, it's like my copter is flying with DJI :)

I'm using standard PID, no tweaks (Except for Alt Hold)

My configuration :

- Hexacopter

- Mystery 20A Blue Series ESC with Simonk firmware

- Turnigy L2210C-1200 motor

- Graupner E-prop 9x5 propeller

One thing remaining is Gimbal, I didn't manage to make it working with APM2 under firmware 2.7.3, and wiki page is not up-to-date with instruction to make it working

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service