Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have 3.1.2 on my CX-20 Quad. Came factory installed. Mission Planner recommends that I upgrade to 3.2.1, is this necessary and if so where can I get it?

Thanks

• Developer

You can get it from the Install Firmware tab on Mission planner

• No reason to if you are happy with the current one.  There may still be some issues with 3.2.1.

• You have  another err earlier, your log shows an HDOP high near the two err, perhaps the same crash problem that I had flying FPV in pos hold too, bad Variance This was Randy explain to me.

"Reply by Randy on Thursday

The DCM can also trigger the equivalent of the EKF failsafe.  It's calculated a bit differently but the DCM is able to report if it's yaw heading seems inconsistent with the accelerations it's seeing from the GPS data.  When this heading error is over 60deg it will also trigger the "EKF failsafe".  Our naming of that failsafe was not the best, sorry about that".

The discussion is here http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/arducopter-3-2-1-beta-testing?xg_...

• Hi,

I had a very strange crash today with my test copter (powerfull and rigid race machine)

All was fine crusing FPV in Pos-Hold and suddenly the copter gave 100% throttle.

I switched to Stabilize but it didn't stabilize then to Acro followed by RTL (strange that i cannot see it in the log)

what could be the reason for that. I put barometer + Throttle in + out in a chart but why does it fire up ?

log attached

video is uploading ! http://youtu.be/R-R_ohyNhxc

thanks

Thomas

2015-02-15 14-19-58.bin

crash.JPG

• could you please take a look on this log from today's FPV flight ?

I'm interested specially on the EKF-Check Error, i'm not seeing any plausible reason for it.

Just need to say that this is a kind of  Speed Hexacopter, it is very fast and allows high dynamic flying.

Thanks in advance

2015-02-15 13-40-05.zip

• Developer

FYI - the MP's beta firmware's link is being temporarily pointed back to AC3.2 to allow MichaelO to get AC3.2 appearing in the "Previous Firmwares" link.  After it's built AC3.2 and Michael has grabbed the binaries we will point Beta Firmwares back to AC3.2.1.

• Just updated to 321, seems that I lost hybrid mode after update. Has that been removed or what?

• Hybrid was renamed to PosHold when 3.2 was released

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flight-modes/poshold-mode/

• Thanks for quick reply, didn't notice that change! Have had 3.2 installed also. Just one problem, there isn't poshold mode available in the mission planner. Only position, I guess it's not that?

For some reason mp didn't update to the latest (1.3.19?) automatically, had to download it manually. I had 1.3.17. But still no poshold mode..?

This reply was deleted.

Activity