Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3.2.1 is working great for me but I was curious what is next? What features are being added in the next version?

• I hope they are working on sonar for positioning so it can hold position without gps. Nice!!! it's out there on much more expensive systems but it seems it would be mostly code now. The pixhawk should be able to process the info now. APM.. probably not. I can only imagine the code... very complex I bet. Now THAT will be true beta testing! Break out the duct tape and ca glue. I'm ready!! 

• Anyone knows why I've got a pre arm error with Check fence message ?
  • Had an issue with an auto mission yesterday and thought I would bring it to someones attention. No crash but some weird things went on. 

So basically if you look at this pic: 

3701943955?profile=original

You can see that around the 5min mark the copter switched to Stabilize mode and went up in altitude to 246' and then an RTL was triggered but then a bit later it went back to Auto mode and continued on it's mission and then another RTL later on but that was probably for battery failsafe. Anyways I'm thinking there is a bug for this to happen. I didn't touch any switches during this flight until the very end I put it in drift mode and then it just ran out of battery and landed.

Here is a video of the mission "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vnyT-Q6fAo" and I have also attached the log file and mission waypoint file. Tried to attach the log file. It's here: https://app.box.com/s/svpudbu2mlrvt9vw77tvaw6u3xoy7x9j

Let me know if you see anything weird.

Thanks

Brad

2-25-15-mission.txt

• What size battery did you have on this? i would think distance alone would tax the battery thus the first failsafe. or did you modify failsafe setting for a battery? thats really far to fly out of the line of sight to trust a battery or flight controller. just my opinion

• Hi Randy 

Yes I know its not related to 3.2..but this thread is frequented more :o)

I have been trying to find out how much load (current in ma) the aux pins can handle .. I have been sourcing some micro relays and need the info .. I tried to look here ( http://planner.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-analog-and-digital-pins-fo... )  but no info on this page . perhaps it should be added for all boards?  

Pixhawks 3,3v Aux digital signal line max milliamps 

Apm 5v signal lines Max milliamps  

Regards Reuben

• Randy and other devs, frsky telemetry pixhawk output is seriously awesome, thank you!

However, may I suggest several improvements: a lot of information can be passed through both s.port and the old hub protocol which many of us do not use, however it would be awesome if we could use their "container" variables like T1, T2, Fuel, and and several others to pass down information such as hdop, armed status, current flight mode and error message codes (pre arms, GPS glitch EKF errors, etc.). There are a lot of ways this information can be used on Taranis, of course we have our OSD and telemetry in the MP, but taranis is a king of notifications, sometimes PC is far and one cannot really hear it over the wind, tablet GCSes are not really flexible, but Taranis is really good: voice+haptic, also lua scripts can be used to display the info the way one likes, also things like navigation lights, gimbal control, landing gear control can be mostly automated based on the telemetry values.

• Randy

If USE_ EKF [ or is it EKF_USE ] is 0 = OFF would it still initiate 'land' if it detected an EKF variance? That seems to be the only issue I had with it initiating land mode on it's own.

Would it be complicated to make the code so it could recover and continue in auto? Seems like an issue that could certainly contribute to saving a quad form a momentary glitch with EKF. But I don't exactly understand how it all works. 

• Posted this is github https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/1905  but could not for the life of me figure out how to label it as an enhancement not an issue. Sorry to post this here not sure where else to put it. Anyway... maybe this has been discussed before but wouldn't it be a good idea for anytime the controller see's an issue such as a EKF warning that instead of going into land right away it goes into alt hold for 10 seconds to see if the problem has gone away? I was flying in auto slightly out of sight over a tree line when I heard GCS report the craft and gone into 'Land' mode. I switch to stab hit the throttle and then just waited a few seconds and hit RTL and if flew home. If I didn't have the GCS I would not have known and it would have basically combusted suicide. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity