Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thanx terry, that was something i did not think about before ordering ublox 7 form hobbyking. i will try to upgrade it using sparkfun antenna.

• Ravi,

I'm very interested in you results, with stock- and CGGP.35.3.A.02 antenna. That price is unbelievable.

• Does the sparkfun antenna receive the higher frequency GLONASS?

• well the description in the hobbyking site does says it can rcv from GLONASS satellites.

• True: The u-blox 7 engine (chip) itself features more, even Galileo, which doesn´t exist yet ;-)

But : According to the pics, this Hobbyking board comes with a 1575MHz (GPS only) patch, same family DJI is using for the NAZA, btw..  

• @christian, that is very interesting pixhawk updates the config of Neo-M8N at boot up as per the params set in the file AP_GPS_UBLOX.cpp file. so a separate utility is not required to configure the GPS. there is a good news. a clone of Neo-M8N GPS + compass is now available from Hobbyking for $32.00. since all the chips are from OEM so i think it should be reliable.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__55558__Ublox_Neo_7M_GPS_...

i have already ordered one. could not resist trying this new GPS on AC3.2-rc2. since the copter is now quite well tuned for AC3.2 so is right time to try this new GPS

• Ravi: Hobby King offers a NEO-M7 module (Not M8) with a 2mm GPS patch antenna, which is not designed for GLONASS. Still no miracles around ;-)

• Hi Guys,

Great work on 3.2.

Upgraded my APM dji 450 'beater' from 3.1.x to 3.2 beta 2 last night and took it for a spin.

Need some help analyzing the attached log.

- stab, ok - stick response seemed a bit more lively / robotic than before but good

- alt hold - worked as well as before

- loiter - better than before

- hybrid - love it (but read on...)

YAW response was a bit slow - boosting the following parameters helped

ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX = 72000

ATC_RATE_Y_MAX = 72000

HYBRID mode - so here's where things get interesting...

- While flying fast (55km/h by OSD) in HYBRID mode I noticed the altitude decreasing - also noticed the throttle out was max'ed (100% by OSD).

- I increased the throttle and reduced forward pitch - the quad slowed down but kept descending.

- Pushed the throttle stick to 100% but it made no difference - could see throttle out actually FALLING (< 40% by OSD) !

- Just before it went down the forward speed was almost gone < 2 km/h and throttle out seemed to start to increase ( > 60% by OSD) but it was too late.

Recovered the quad undamaged. Checked the battery, more than 60% capacity remaining.

Test flew in stab, alt-hold and, loiter with the same battery - everything ok.

It seems as if the quad either ignored or had a severely delayed reaction to my increased throttle input as it slowed down.

Could this have something to do with HYBRID mode's braking phase?

Any insight appreciated. Thanks,

- Rob

2014-06-26 15-42-07.log

• Hello,

Hopefully someone can help with a log-download issue. I have been testing 3.2rc on 2 pixhawks without issue; flyes great and logs are downloaded easily through USB.

I then loaded 3.2rc2 on an APM, and it has become impossible to get the logs off the flight controller. I try to download over mavlink, but no matter what I end up with the attached error. I see it start to download, but then it fails:3701768373?profile=original

Any idea what I should be doing differently? do i need to change any telemetry radio settings to make this work?

Thanks!

Raph

P.S. I tried to first post on the ardupilot forums but although Stefan tried to help, no solution has yet been found.

This reply was deleted.

Activity