Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My another test

- AC3.2rc10

- Quad Xaircraft frame

- APM2.6

- Autotune

Reports :

Fresh installation AC3.2rc10, did accel cal, compass cal, quad balance, rc cal .. etc

Issue:

Takeoff, STAB --> ALT HOLD ---> Flip switch Autotune , autotune start, BUT when quad drift far away, i try to drag back using roll /pitch stick. quad stop from autotune and no response using manual control.. i have to off my autotune switch then get the control and land.

can someone look my log?

2014-09-27 18-29-12.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701839677?profile=original
  • Sorry to bother you guys... But, can anyone give some advice on performing Circle Mode with a Radius of 40 Meters?  What should I set the Circle_Rate?  I continue to get a partial circle and then corkscrewing towards the center.  It's killing me!  Please help.  Appreciate it in advance!  Thanks.

QUAD:  Walkera QR-X350 Pro firmware 1.5 (AC 3.2)

• Developer

BaNe,

I'm not sure but I've created a Walkera-Users group.  Nobody else there yet but I suspect with the growing number of Walkera people some discussions will start happening.

• To tracking down a hunch I was planing on using OCTA_QUAD_FRAME on the H8 I have been working on. I would like to use an alternative motor configuration and was looking for a suggestion to capitalize on having variability within the code and which motors are used when. I looked at the source and did a quick few searches, and you point me in the right direction?

• Developer

@FC,

If you're comfortable compiling the code yourself (sounds like you might be) then the bit that needs to be changed is probably in the AP_MotorsOctaQuad.cpp.

• Yes, and happy to contribute the adjustment back, I am truing to determine if there is anything to the "Stream Tube" effect at this scale, using a higher KV motor on he bottom, I am not looking for the use of the configuration to be redundant rather focusing on performance, If I carry the layout forward can I assume I could build up a complete profile for the frame and alternate motor configuration?  I had located that file and thought it was the appropriate place, most seem to be in the AP_Motors library, the Config.h file and some of the setup locations. I did start a forum thread on the project, and will be documenting the progress.

• Adding to the groundswell that 3.2_rc10 is looking pretty stable...

I just updated my 3DR Y6B from AC3.1.5 to 3.c_rc10. So far I've flown with Stabilize, AltHold, Loiter and RTL which all work nicely; congrats again to the Dev team.

(PS. Can anyone suggest the best parameter to adjust throttle sensitivity? My copter hovers at around 50%, but it's very difficult to find a stable sweet spot).

• Hi Randy,

I know this is probably not the right place, but I don't know how else I can reach you ;-)

Can you PLEASE have a look at my forum post here about UART controlled ESC's:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/support-for-uart-controlled-esc-s

Would be great if you could give me a hint !

Best regards,

lakeroe

• Developer

Daniela,

I've replied over on your disucssion.

This reply was deleted.

Activity